With Showpad’s Google Edit integration, you can customize and personalize Google Slides, Docs, and Sheets from within Showpad, allowing you to feel confident on the go with your best custom assets by your side. Simply navigate to an asset synced via Google Drive in an Experience or My Files, and Select Open with Google. Make your edits, and voila--you’re ready to put your best foot forward with a tailored presentation.
When editing marketing-uploaded assets within Experiences, you will automatically create a copy of the file and the new edited version will be uploaded to My Files. When editing Google assets within My Files, you can overwrite the existing version, or create another copy. Any changes you make will be reflected in Showpad and Google Drive, streamlining your workflow. Sharing insights of the modified assets will be tracked just like other Showpad content. In order to copy marketing content over and edit it, you will need to have access to the files in Google Drive with the sharing setting "Viewers and commenters can see the option to download, print, and copy" enabled.
- Tailor marketing-approved Google files for your sales needs
- Use original and customized files together in Collections
- Upload all personalized file versions to My Files
- Retain analytics on the edited version of the original file
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Plus or Ultimate subscription
- Access to the Showpad Web app
- Google cloud synced files added to your Experiences in Showpad, or
- Google Drive files added to My Files
- Assets set to "can be personalized" by your admin
Note: You must have access to the file in Google Drive in order to edit it, and the sharing setting "Viewers and commenters can see the option to download, print, and copy" must be enabled.
Do this step by step
- Open your browser and sign in to your organization on Showpad's Web app.
- Locate the file you are wanting to modify in an Experience or within My Files. Select it to open the asset viewer.
- Click the three-dot menu and select Open in Google.
- If you’re starting from an Experience, a window to create a copy and edit the file will open. If you have folders in My Files, you can choose a folder where the copy will live. Create a name for the copy you are creating and click Create a Copy and Edit File.
- If you’re editing an asset in My Files, the option to overwrite the existing version or create a copy will appear. When selecting Overwrite Existing, all changes will also be visible in any shares of that asset as well. When you create a copy, you will be able to edit a duplicate version of the asset and it will also be saved in My Files. Create a name for the copy then click Create a Copy and Edit File.
- If you are not yet logged in, you will be asked for your Google credentials to access your content. In the event you have already logged in, you will go directly to the following step.
- The file will open in Google Drive so you can begin making edits. As there is no save button, the changes will be made automatically in Showpad. Allow a few minutes to see those reflected in Showpad. After initial changes, the file will be autosaved to Showpad.
- It is advised not to close the tab until you have completed all the necessary edits to your file. If you go to edit the file again, you must make a new copy. Closing the tab will initiate the upload of the edited file to My Files in Showpad automatically. Click Show to view the newly updated file.