What's in it for you
One of the foundations of Showpad is the ability to share content with customers and prospects. When you share your content, you can track how they engage with it via the information in the Share tab. This lets you follow up on all their interactions at any time. Showpad provides a variety of sharing possibilities.
You can share content from within our apps, email plugins, and via a generated link you can use in your preferred messaging applications and other platforms.
When opening the Share screen on our Windows app and the Web app, the activities of your prospects and customers look different depending on the method you used to share your assets. Let's dig in and discover the differences.
See how it works
- Sharing via our mobile apps and Web app will give you all detailed sharing insights per recipients
- Sharing with multiple recipients via the email plugins will give you information about the device platform and browser that was used to open the Share
- Sharing with one recipient via the email plugins will give you all detailed sharing insights
- Sharing via a generated link gives information about the device platform and browser that was used to open the Share
- If you use the Showpad Content Recommendations in Salesforce, you can share via a link, and it shows information about the device platform and browser
- If available and not blocked by the recipient, you see where the Share was opened
- We show you from which platform and device you shared the content
- In cases where the email client blocks images, the email open icon will be highlighted green only after a visit has occurred because the tracking pixel in the email will not register
Note: Due to requirements with our email delivery platform, Shares to recipients who have accented characters in their email address (é, è, ë, ê, ñ, à, etc) will not be deliverable.
This table shows you where and how you can share content using our different platforms. Not all sharing methods are possible on all platforms. See what you can do on your device:
|While viewing an asset|
|From the Share screen|
|By using Collections|
|By generating a link|
- Share using our mobile apps and the Web app
- Share using a generated link
- Share using our email plugins
- Share using the Showpad Insights app in Salesforce
See this step by step
When the Showpad app is installed on your iOS, Android, Windows device, or by using our Web app, you can share content
- While viewing an asset
- From the Share screen
- As a Collection, which is a custom presentation containing some assets and pages
- By generating a link that you can easily copy and paste in other messaging apps
Sharing from within these apps generates an email which allows tracking a Share easily. In the background, we send separate emails to your contacts. This allows us to give you the most detailed information about your Share. We show you who opened the email, who reshared the content and with whom.
This is how it looks in the Share tab:
In this example, you can see
- From where the content was shared (Showpad's Web app)
- How many times which content was opened (1 visit, 1 of 1 item opened)
- How many times it was downloaded (0)
- How many times it was reshared (0)
- How long the file was open (10 sec) and when clicking on it, you'll see the time for the separate pages
- Who opened the mail (In this case, only one person)
Share using a generated link
Sharing via a generated link on our Web app doesn't allow to generate detailed sharing information, as it's impossible to track who opened the link. In this case, we show you that someone opened the content via a certain platform on a specific browser.
If this Share is reshared from within the Shared Content Viewer, we can track that reshare with all detailed sharing activities.
This is how the Share looks in the Share tab.
In this example, you can see
- A field that shows the direct link to the content
- That the generated link was opened on a Mac with the Chrome browser at a specific location (BE)
- That one specific file was viewed for 23 seconds
Share using our email plugins
You can use our Gmail plugin and Outlook add-in to create a share when you compose an email. Adding assets to your message is easily done by selecting or searching for content. All interactions are being tracked, but because multiple recipients access the same link, we can't pinpoint the interactions to a specific recipient. We will, however, show you the type of device and location if available.
If you email only one contact, we do give all the detailed information on the Share screen, as only one recipient received the Share. If your recipient reshares the Share from within the Shared Content Viewer, we can track that reshare with all detailed sharing activities.
Note: A recipient must click an asset in an email to trigger an email open. If they only open the email but do not visit any of the shares, an email open will not be indicated in the sharing insights.
This is how the Share is displayed in the Share tab.
In this example, you see:
- That the assets were shared via Showpad for Gmail
- Test Buyer received the share
- The specific assets that were shared
Share using the Showpad Insights app in Salesforce
If you use Showpad Content Recommendations in Salesforce, you can share via a generated link, and it shows information about the OS and browser version.
In this example, you can see
- That the generated link in our Salesforce Insights app was viewed 1 time (15 sec)
- That the content was not reshared or downloaded
- You are only able to share with one recipient at a time
- If you generate the link without sharing with a Contact or Lead, the Share will be handled like a regular link