What's in it for you
It can be useful to quickly share content via instant messaging and other sharing platforms that are not available in Showpad by default. You can generate a link to your content that you simply copy and paste to your platform of choice. On our iOS and Web app, you can share your content with or without creating a Collection. Your recipient will see your shared content in the same branded environment as a Share created by email.
Later, when you look at your insights in the Share menu, the statistics will look a bit different than content you share via email. Showpad can't know who exactly received the link you generated. In the Share insights, you'll notice that we do provide information about the device, browser, and if available, the location of the recipient.
Note: It is recommended to add a detailed description when generating a link. Adding the name of the contact in the Name field can prevent some confusion when viewing the sharing insights later.
See how it looks
- Copy and paste a link to share Showpad content
- Add a mandatory link name to see it in your sharing insights on the Web app
- On iOS, an editable link name is generated automatically
- Add multiple files to your sharing link when using the Web app
Choose your success platform
See how it's done on iOS
- You can create a link by tapping the iOS Share icon when a file or a Collection is opened. Select Get a Link.
- Add a Link Name. It is recommended to add a detailed description when generating a link. Adding the name of the contact in the Link Name can prevent some confusion. By default, you'll see an autogenerated name containing the filename or Collection name, together with the date, and time stamp.
- By default, prospects can download the file locally on their device. Slide the toggle if you want to prevent downloading.
- If you have a connection with Salesforce, your sharing activities will be visible there as well when activating the Log to SalesForce toggle.
- Tap Copy Link and the link will be copied to the clipboard. You will see a notification that the link was generated. Tapping View will open your Share view.
- In the Share view, you will see the insights of the link you shared. Notice that it shows the system, browser, and if allowed by the recipient, the location where the document was opened.
See how it's done on the Web app
- When you open the Share view, you can create a link when pressing the Compose button.
- You can also generate a link in the Channel you are working in by hovering over the asset you'd like to share:
- Or, when your file is already open, you can click the link icon at the top of the screen:
- You will be notified to fill in necessary information before you receive the link to your shared content. If you have a connection with Salesforce, your sharing activities will be visible there as well.
- Add a Name for the link and select the preferred theme. It is crucial to add a detailed description when generating a link. Adding the name of the contact in the description field can prevent some confusion.
- To deny downloading of content, uncheck Allow downloads. Your recipients see the content of the file, but they can't download a copy of the original file.
- If you want to add additional files, you can browse and add content by clicking the Browse button.
- Select your additional content and click Next.
- You will receive a link to our Showpad.com address, which you can copy and paste.
- In the Share view, you will see the insights of the link you shared. Notice that it shows the system and browser information of the recipient.
You can log the Content Sharing for an Account or Opportunity in Salesforce.See this in action
- If you start typing the Account Name, information will be automatically populated.
- Contact or Lead information will be automatically populated as well.
- In Salesforce, when your Contact or Lead activates the content via the received link, that information will be visible in the Activity History.