What's in it for you
It can be useful to share content via instant messaging and other sharing platforms that are not available in Showpad by default. You can generate a link to your content that you can simply copy and paste to your platform of choice.
On our Web App, you can share your content without creating a Collection. Select one, or multiple files and send them using your selected Shared Theme. You have the option to deny downloading of the assets you share.
When you look at your insights in the Share menu after sharing via a link, the statistics will look different. Your users can share the link in multiple emails, messenger systems, and other platforms. Showpad cannot track the recipient's name and will track the device and browser version instead.
It is vital to add an explicit description when generating a link. Adding the name of the contact in the description field can prevent some confusion.See this in action
- Copy and paste a link to Showpad content
- Add a link description to see sharing insights
- Add multiple files in your sharing link
- When you open the Share view, you can create a link when pressing the Compose button.
- You can also generate a link in the Channel you are working in:
- Or, when your file is already open, you can click the link icon:
- You will be notified to fill in necessary information before you receive the link to your shared content. If you have a connection with Salesforce, your sharing activities will be visible there as well.
- Add a Name for the link and select the preferred theme. It is crucial to add an explicit description when generating a link. Adding the name of the contact in the description field can prevent some confusion.
- To deny downloading of content, uncheck Allow downloads. Your recipients see the content of the file, but they can't download a copy of the original file.
- If you want to add additional files, you can browse and add content by clicking the Browse button.
- Select your additional content and click Next.
- You will receive a link to our Showpad.com address, which you can copy and paste.
- In the Share view, you will see the insights of the link you shared. Notice that it shows the system and browser information of the recipient.
You can log the Content Sharing for an Account or Opportunity in Salesforce.See this in action
Do this step by step
- If you start typing the Account Name, information will be automatically populated.
- Contact or Lead information will be automatically populated as well.
- In Salesforce, when your Contact or Lead activates the content via the received link, that information will be visible in the Activity History.