What's in it for you
Showpad enables you to deliver a visual strategy that immerses your prospects in any type of product, providing an interactive buyer experience. By supporting 3D models on iOS and the Web app, you can engage prospects without spending the time and expenses tied to a physical product. This allows you to offer a detailed view of complex objects and customizations without any limitations.
When using Showpad's iOS app, you can also use these 3D models with the augmented reality (AR) functionality on supported Apple devices. Using AR, you can transform your selling discussions by carrying an unlimited number of products on your device, regardless of size and shape. Placing these products in a real environment enables more in-depth, more interesting conversations and helps you to close deals faster.
Note: Depending on the detail of the 3D model and your device performance, your experience can be influenced when using 3D models in Showpad.
See how it looks
- Immerses your prospects in any product on iOS and the Web app
- Decrease limitations tied to a physical product
- On iOS, you can also put 3D assets in a surrounding environment using AR
You need this to succeed
- Your administrator provides the 3D content in your channels
- A browser for using Showpad's Web app
- To use the AR feature, you need an iOS device that supports this functionality
The quick way to awesomeness
- Open the Showpad app
- Navigate to the channel with the 3D content
- Open the 3D model and wait until it finishes loading
- Depending on your device, use your mouse or finger to rotate and show the product
- On iOS, select Place in AR to position the model in your surrounding environment
- Scan the surface and position the product
- Take a picture that will be saved in My Files, so you can share it quickly with your prospect
Choose your success platform
See how it's done on iOS
You have two options to view 3D models on your iOS device. All iOS devices on iOS 11 can open 3D models. To use the AR functionality, your device has to be at least one of the following devices:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s and newer
- iPad Pro (All three models)
- 2017 9.7-inch iPad
Note: If you only see the View in 3D option, your device is not compatible with AR.
Opening a 3D model
- Open the channel that contains the 3D model and tap to open.
- A preview of the file opens.
Viewing the 3D model
- Tapping the View in 3D button opens the file. Wait until the file loads. The loading speed depends on your device and the size of the file that your marketing team provided.
- When the model opens, you can manipulate the size an position by using your fingers as a tool. To resize the model, pinch two fingers on the device screen.
- To rotate the model, use one finger and swipe until you find the detail you would like to show.
- Moving the model is done by using two fingers, tapping the model, and swiping across the device screen.
- Just like any other asset in your channel, you can access the menu to execute other actions. Tap the icon to go back.
Placing your model in AR
- You can view your product in AR, by selecting the Place in AR button.
- At the top left, you will see instructions to make sure you can place your model in a correct way. Find a flat surface to position the yellow square.
- Once the surface is detected, tap the screen to place your model.
- Walk around your model to show all sides and highlight important features. To resize the model, use two fingers and pinch the screen to make it bigger or smaller.
- Tap the arrow to start over if the model is not placed correctly.
- Tapping the round camera button takes a screenshot of your 3D model in the environment. The screenshot is saved to your My Files that you can find in the Personalize tab.
Note: You need an internet connection to upload the screenshot to My Files and to share it. If you don't have a connection, it will be uploaded and shared once you have a connection again.
See how it's done on the Web app
- Open the channel that contains the 3D model and click to open.
- A preview of the file opens. Click View in 3D to see an interactive model.
- Wait until the file loads. The loading speed depends on your device and the size of the file that your marketing team provided.
- Use your mouse to rotate, pan, and move the 3D model. Follow the instructions you see on-screen to get used to the controls.
- Just like any other asset in your channel, you can access the menu to execute other actions.
- To see the 3D model in all its glory, you can enter the fullscreen mode. Press escape (ESC) to go back.
- When sharing a 3D model with prospects, they will see the 3D asset in full-screen mode. They will see the same explanation on how to watch the asset.
Note: Just like any other asset, you can use 3D models in a Shared Space.