What's in it for you
Typically in any sales journey, there is more than one decision maker. In longer and more complex sales cyles, there is often more than one person involved on the selling side as well. With Shared Spaces it's easy to invite multiple stakeholders to one space where everyone can collaborate over content. Likewise, those stakeholders can invite other participants if you allow it.
- Invite participants to Shared Spaces
- Revoke or allow permissions
- Edit participants profiles
You need this to succeed
- An existing Shared Space
- A Showpad account or participant invite
- Showpad Plus or Ultimate package
Note: CRM activity logging for Shared Spaces is only available to customers on the Ultimate pricing package.
Inviting people to interact with content
- When you're ready, it's time to start inviting people to your space. Click the Invite button and enter the email address(es) of the invitees. You can include a custom message with your invitation.
- If available, you will see the option to log the invitation activity to a contact in Salesforce. If the Shared Space is already logged to an account or opportunity, it will automatically populate. The contact field will be automatically populated from the email addresses you input in the recipient invite field. After clicking Send Invite, you'll be alerted that it successfully logged to Salesforce, and have the option to view the log in Salesforce.
- After you have invited someone, you will get the option to fill out the profile details of that invitee by clicking Edit profile next to the recipient. The recipient will also have the opportunity to fill out their own details at the time they create a password.
- You will notice your name above the content area on the landing page of the space. As you invite others to your space, you will see their names as well. The left-hand side will show internal members of your organization who joined and the right-hand side will show any external participants you invited to the space. Their status will also be visible here. This indicates whether their invitation is pending, they have current access, or their access has been revoked. It will also list the date of their last activity within the shared space.
There are three statuses available for the prospects you invited:
- Pending invitation: The invitation email was sent, but the prospect didn't sign in.
- Access revoked: The prospect can't access the Shared Space anymore. If they try to log into the Shared Space, they will see an error that the Shared Space link is not valid.
- Last active date: The last date the prospect signed into the Shared Space.
- When you invite a customer, they will receive an email with your personalized note and a request to activate their account. Once they accept your invitation and create a password, you will be notified via email.
- If an external person accesses a shared space directly, they will be asked to provide their email address. If they have already been added as a participant, they will be instructed to access the activation link their profile. Otherwise, it will inform that their request for access has been submitted. Once you as the owner has approved access, they will receive an activation email to access the shared space.
- If you are inviting an internal Showpad user to your shared space, their email will auto-populate as you begin to type. The invitation they receive will look different than what a customer sees. They will be prompted to use their Showpad credentials to login in to the shared space.
- Back in the shared space, you can hover over a participant's name to see their company and job title, if you have added that information already. Click the pencil icon to edit their profile information at any time. You are also able to revoke access to the space individually in the edit profile window.
- If you'd like to see a full list of participants, click People in the menu area to the right. Click the three dots to the right of their name to edit their profile information, or revoke or grant access from this view. In the event they did not receive their invitation to join the space, you can trigger a new invitation here by selecting Resend Invitation.