As a sales rep, it's not uncommon to find yourself frequently receiving a new territory or book of business to sell to. In order to keep Showpad flexible with the changing circumstances, you can transfer ownership of a Shared Space to another active Showpad user. This can come in handy in a variety of situations, for instance if you receive a promotion from sales rep to manager. You may also find yourself in a longer ongoing buying cycle, with a new sales rep taking over that prospect. Instead of having your colleague start over from square one with the customer, transfer the ownership of the Shared Space to them and maintain all the content and comments within the space.
When transferring Shared Spaces you can choose to remain an active participant, or leave the space entirely. Shared spaces can only be transferred from one active user to another active user, and admins cannot transfer spaces from deactivated users.
- Transfer ownership of a Shared Space to another Showpad user
- Choose to remain part of the space or leave
- Add a personal note to the new Shared Space owner with pertinent details
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Plus or Ultimate Package
- A Showpad user account
- A Web browser to access the Showpad Web app
- An existing Shared Space
The quick way to awesomeness
- Navigate to the Shared Space
- From the three dot menu select Transfer Ownership
- Select a user to transfer to and add an optional message to send
Do this step by step
- Find the Shared Space you wish to transfer ownership of by navigating to the Shares tab and selecting Shared Spaces.
- Click the three dot menu at the right of the Shared Space, and select Transfer Ownership.
- In the New Owner field, start typing the name of the user you want to transfer the space to. Select their name from the dropdown menu.
- Choose if you want to remain in the Shared Space using the check box for Remain in Shared Space after Transfer. If you don’t check this box, the new owner will still see you as a participant in the Shared Space as access revoked.
- Add an optional personal note, then click Transfer Ownership. You will see a notification appear that the space was successfully transferred.
- If you choose to remain a participant, you will see it in your list of Shared Spaces, and it will indicate who owns it underneath the Shared Space title.
- The new owner of the Shared Space will receive an email making them aware of the transfer of ownership. This is also where they will be able to read the personalized note you added.