What's in it for you
It's always possible the computer says no. Use this guide to troubleshoot Showpad for Outlook. If this doesn't solve your problem, don't hesitate to contact our awesome support team.
The quick way to awesomeness
- Install the latest version
- Make sure you have Administrator rights
- Update Internet Explorer
- Always enable the Showpad Add-in
- Install Visual Studio 2010 Tools For Office Runtime if the add-in doesn't start
- Antivirus whitelisting
- Salesforce and Okta login problems
- Resolve conflicting domain policies
- Using a proxy for internet access
- Enable NTLM/Kerberos authentication
- Contact support from within Outlook
Install the latest version
When troubleshooting issues with the Showpad for Outlook add-in, always make sure you have the latest version installed. If you notice the following message in the add-in, download the latest version by clicking the download icon and use the installation file to upgrade your current version.
Make sure you have Administrator rightsWhen installing or upgrading Showpad for Outlook, some files are written and saved in specific system folders. With a standard user login, these folders are not accessible. If you receive an error that some files could not be written, try again with administrator rights by right-clicking the installation file and selecting Run as Administrator.
Update Internet Explorer
When configuring Showpad for Outlook, it's necessary to log in to Showpad. If your browser is not up to date, make sure you upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 or higher. We always recommend using the latest version of your browser.
Always enable the Showpad add-in
The Outlook client can randomly disable installed add-ins. There are multiple reasons why that can happen:
- Your device is slow and is out of resources
- Outlook is slow and needs more memory
- Various applications are still starting after a reboot
When prompted by Outlook, allow the Outlook Add-in always to be enabled:
- When the add-in problem message appears, click View Disabled Add-ins.
- In the Disabled Add-ins dialog box, click Always enable this add-in.
- As a precaution, add Showpad as a publisher to the Trusted list.
Outlook 2016 and 2013:
Make sure the Showpad Add-in is visible in the Active Application Add-ins.
Select File, go to Options, Add-ins.
If Showpad is visible in the Inactive or Disabled Add-ins, select Manage, Disabled Items and enable Showpad.
Add the Showpad for Outlook Add-in to the whitelist of your antivirus software if you notice that the add-in gets blocked. Please contact your administrator or IT Helpdesk to troubleshoot this issue.
The cause of this problem is that our installer writes records into the Windows registry which looks suspicious for the antivirus software. We cannot avoid writing into the Windows registry because without it, our add-in won't be visible in Outlook.
Salesforce or Okta security and login issues
Internet Explorer has a feature called "Zone Elevation protection", which prevents users from being redirected from untrusted web content.
You can add your Okta, Salesforce and Showpad sites to the Trusted sites in your highly-trusted Local Machine Zone to fix these security issues.
- Salesforce: add https://*.salesforce.com and https://*.showpad.biz
- Okta: add https://*.okta.com and https://*.showpad.biz
Verify that your existing company policies do not block the add-in. Please contact your administrator or IT Helpdesk to troubleshoot this issue.
Using a proxy for internet access
The add-in currently doesn't work when you use a proxy server for internet access.
Enable NTLM/Kerberos support
Open Internet Explorer and set up NTLM/Kerberos authentication. You can follow the instructions that Microsoft provides.
Contact our support via Outlook
If you still have issues with the Showpad for Outlook add-in after following the steps in this document, you can always contact Showpad support from your Outlook inbox.
- You can send feedback with improvements if it's not a blocking issue
- If you encounter an error, please report an issue.
You can do both by clicking the settings icon in the add-on.
Both options will show you a template with technical information about the version. Please add any additional information in the email, describing your issue. If they exist, the logs of the past 5 days will be added automatically.
After sending the email, Showpad support will contact you with more information and how you can fix it.