What's in it for you
Showpad for Outlook allows you to send content from Microsoft Outlook. This saves time by sharing your content from your preferred email platform. In this article, we'll describe how you can install and configure the add-in.
You need this to succeed
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 installed.
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016. (Outlook for Mac is not supported.)
- If you have an Office 365 license, make sure you download and install the native Outlook app.
- You need Administrator privileges if Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or higher) and Visual Studio 2010 Tools For Office Runtime are not yet installed.
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools For Office Runtime.
- Have at least 1 email account connected in Outlook.
- If you use a proxy server for internet access, the add-in currently doesn't work.
The quick way to awesomeness
- Download and start the installation file and wait until the installation is finished.
- Configure the add-in with your Showpad account.
- Updates are distributed regularly to ensure you have the best customer experience.
- In case you need to uninstall the add-in, simply uninstall from the Programs and Features in the Control Panel. You can use the installation file as well if you want to uninstall.
Do this step by step
It is possible you encounter a problem when some conditions on your device are not met. In that case, reach out to your Administrator or IT Helpdesk to verify the prerequisites mentioned above.
Showpad for Outlook is distributed in two versions. An .exe file and a .msi package.
As a user, you can use the .exe file to install the addon.
If you work in an environment controlled by an administrator, the .msi file can be used to deploy the add-in on multiple devices, using your remote deployment tools of choice.
You can download both files here.
- Make sure Microsoft Outlook is closed.
- Run the .exe installation file and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Make sure you install the add-in with administrator privileges. Right-click the installation file and run it as an administrator.
After installing, you can find the add-in button in the ribbon of the Outlook Message tab. It's available when you compose a new email and when using reply, reply all and forward.
- Enter your organization name.
- Log in with your Showpad account details. (Email address and password.)
- You can log in by using your Salesforce account if your organization has activated the Showpad and Salesforce integration.
- You can log in with your Okta account if your organization has configured this SSO option.
- You can now start sharing your content right from your Outlook inbox.
- The settings are saved and you don't need to log in to Showpad again after you close Outlook or reboot your device.
To improve the add-in, we provide updates regularly. You will be notified when a new update is available. To update the add-in, get the newer version by clicking the download arrow. Administrator privileges are not required and Outlook should be closed during the update. It's not necessary to uninstall the previous version before updating.
Start the installation process again to have the latest version of the add-in.
To uninstall the Showpad for Outlook add-in, go to the Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
As a second option, simply click the installation file again and select to uninstall the add-in if you still have the installation file on your device.