What's in it for you
Showpad for Outlook allows you to send content from Microsoft Outlook. This saves time by sharing your content from your preferred email platform. Here you can find all information you need to install and configure the add-in.
Showpad for Outlook is distributed in two versions. An EXE file and an MSI package.
You can use the .exe file to install the addon on your device, but you will need Administrator privileges. Check with your company's IT department when in doubt.
If you're a domain administrator, you can use the .msi file to deploy the add-in on multiple devices, using your remote deployment tools of choice. Find out how to deploy on your domain in this useful step by step guide.
You need this to succeed
- The Showpad for Outlook installation file (EXE or MSI).
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 installed.
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016. (Outlook for Mac is not supported.)
- If you have an Office 365 license, make sure you download and install the native Outlook app.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Visual Studio 2010 Tools For Office Runtime. The EXE file will install them automatically, however, Administrator rights on your device are required.
- Have at least 1 email account connected in Outlook.
- Have the connection details ready if you use a proxy server for internet access
The quick way to awesomeness
- Download and start the installation file and wait until the installation is finished.
- Configure the add-in with your Showpad account.
- Updates are distributed regularly to ensure you have the best customer experience.
- In case you need to uninstall the add-in, simply uninstall from the Programs and Features in the Control Panel. You can use the installation file as well if you want to uninstall.
Do this step by step
It is possible you encounter a problem when some conditions on your device are not met. In that case, reach out to your Administrator or IT Helpdesk to verify the prerequisites mentioned above.
As a user, you can use the .exe file to install the addon.
If you work in an environment controlled by an administrator, the .msi file can be used to deploy the add-in on multiple devices, using your remote deployment tools of choice. You can also use it to install the add-in for one user on the device, or for all users
You can download both files here.
- Make sure Microsoft Outlook is closed.
- Run the .exe installation file and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Make sure you install the add-in with administrator privileges. Right-click the installation file and run it as an administrator.
- After installing, you can find the add-in button in the ribbon of the Outlook Message tab. It's available when you compose a new email and when using reply, reply all and forward.
- When double clicking the MSI file, the following Installation Scope screen is shown. Install the add-in just for you or install for all users on the device.
- Follow the wizard and complete the installation.
- You can also install the add-in with the command line. Open a command prompt and run the following command:
msiexec /i "ShowpadOutlookAddin-<version_number>.msi" /qn ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySupress /L*v "c:\logFileLocationPath\logFileName.log"
- Enter your organization name.
- If the add-in has no connection, you will be notified to check your connection settings. Click Network Settings in the add-in to configure the proxy server if your company uses one for internet access.
- In the Network Settings, you see three options:
- Don't use a proxy: This option is used when you don't use a proxy.
- Use system default proxy: Use the configuration of Internet Explorer 11 or Edge.
- Use manual proxy configuration: Enter server address, username, and password.
- You can always review your connection details by clicking the Settings icon.
- If the connection is successful, you can now sign in with your Showpad account details. (Email address and password.)
- You can log in by using your Salesforce account if your organization has activated the Showpad and Salesforce integration.
- You can log in with your Okta account if your organization has configured this SSO option.
- You can now start sharing your content right from your Outlook inbox.
- The settings are saved and you don't need to log in to Showpad again after you close Outlook or reboot your device.
To improve the add-in, we provide updates regularly. If you have installed the add-in via the EXE package, you will be notified when a new update is available. To update the add-in, get the newer version by clicking the download arrow in the banner. Administrator privileges are not required and Outlook should be closed during the update. It's not necessary to uninstall the previous version before updating.
Start the installation process again to have the latest version of the add-in. You will see the following message after signing in on Showpad for Outlook:
To uninstall the Showpad for Outlook add-in, go to the Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
As a second option, simply click the installation file again and select to uninstall the add-in if you still have the installation file on your device.