What's in it for you
One of the most interactive features of Shared Spaces is the ability to comment on assets in the space. This can be beneficial for sales reps to add notes and start conversations with their prospects, or for external participants to ask questions. If you've allowed it in your settings, you will also receive notifications for new comments so you're easily able to keep up with the conversation.
See how it works
- Comment on assets
- Sort Shared Spaces to find what you're looking for
- Quickly catch up with the Shared Spaces summary
You need this to succeed
- An existing Shared Space
- Content in your Shared Space
- A Showpad account or a participant invite to the Shared Space
- A Showpad Plus or Ultimate account
Working with Shared Spaces
- To comment on an asset within a Shared Space, or to see what others have said, select the piece of content by clicking it. You will see a box on the right-hand side of the screen that says "Write a comment" where you can input your text. Hit enter when you're done and the comment will appear for all members of the space. Delete your comment by clicking the trash can on the right side of the box and confirming.
- One collaborative function of shared spaces is the ability for participants to leave comments on assets. You can see these by viewing the asset itself, or view the most recent overall comments in the right pane of the space's main page. By default, all participants will receive a notification when a comment is posted. If a participant wants to @mention someone in particular, then only that person and any other participants of that specific thread will be notified of the comment.
- If a participant adds a comment and then deletes it, the comment will be deleted from view on the asset; however, information about when the comment was added and deleted will remain in the activities.
- After creating different shared spaces, you can view them all in a summarized fashion by navigating back to the main shared spaces tab. You can sort them by name or last activity.
- In this view, each box will contain a shared space and it's overall summary. This includes the number of documents in the space, the number of comments, latest activities, and so on. These details provide a quick overview of what has been occurring within that particular space. You can expand the activities to get a bigger picture of what has occurred. You can also access the settings for the shared space or close it by clicking the ellipsis.
Note: Closing a space does not mean you are deleting it entirely. This means the space has been deactivated for participants but you, as the owner, will retain access to it. This will typically occur after a deal is won or it is no longer active.
- When the number of shared spaces begins to grow, it may be helpful to filter them in order to find what you need quickly. In the summary view, you can sort by status (open, closed, or both) and by owner (owned by me, shared with me, or all).