What's in it for you
If you use Single Sign-On (SSO), users can use their organization’s credentials to access Showpad. It eases your users' lives with fewer usernames and passwords, as there's only one account to remember. This SSO service provides a secure way to exchange authentication information between two parties: a Service Provider and an organization’s Identity Provider, allowing a single set of credentials to be used to access multiple applications.
Showpad offers SSO solutions that are compliant with the SAML 2.0 and OpenID protocol. If you're using Azure Active Directory, you can use OpenID Connect as well to log in on Showpad's Web app.
The Showpad platform provides support for multiple single sign-on providers in one instance. This means that if you have de-centralized teams or any other reasons to utilize more than one SSO provider cross-company can configure all of your providers into Showpad for easier user management and login flows. This includes support for providers like Okta, PingOne, Google Authentication, and Azure AD.
Note: We use the highly recommended SHA-256 hash algorithm, but Showpad supports the older SHA-1 format as well.
Administrators can manage users in a particular email domain and have full control over the authorization and authentication of user accounts that can access Showpad’s web-based or mobile applications. It is not a replacement for managing user permissions. You will still need to configure that on Showpad's Online Platform or via the Showpad API.
See how it looks
- Use your company’s identity provider to authenticate users in Showpad
- Seamlessly integrate Showpad into your enterprise security policies
- Auto-provision & assign users to the right groups in Showpad
- Showpad supports providers such as Okta, Ping Identity, Salesforce, and Active Directory
- Configure multiple providers if you use multiple SSO providers
- Use OpenID Connect when using AzureActive Directory
- Reduce security threats to sensitive data loss by severing access
- Centralized user, password and authorization management
- Remove the Showpad login and password fields to have a clear and accessible login screen
You need this to succeed
- Plus or Ultimate pricing plan on Showpad
- An Identity Provider (IDP) service
- Administrator access on both Showpad's Online Platform and the Identity Provider
- We highly recommend using HTTPS in all communication
- On the iOS platform, use iOS version 10.1 or higher when using HTTP communication
- SAML metadata in the Showpad configuration has to include the HTTP-REDIRECT binding
The quick way to awesomeness
- To add a new provider, open the Admin Settings and find the Sign-On section.
- Click Add Configuration and select SAML 2.0 or OpenID Connect. You can add multiple providers.
- Setup the configuration with your provider details. Choose your provider to see all the details: