Our customers use LearnCore for a variety of training initiatives - onboarding, product certification, manager training, etc. In this series, we will break down each of these initiatives and how to leverage LearnCore to achieve your goals.
The Importance of a Coaching Culture:
Implementing a coaching culture can:
- Empower Sales Leaders
- Boost Morale and Productivity
- Encourage use of best practices and improve performance
- Cultivate better client relationships, resulting in more sales and revenue
Retain sales reps
So why aren’t more organizations fostering this type of culture? Creating a culture is challenging and it doesn’t happen overnight. It takes repetition, reinforcement, and the right tools.
If your organization is moving towards a coaching culture LearnCore can help drive and reinforce that change. Coaching and managing are two different things, and providing coaching and training for managers allows them to understand what is expected of them, feel secure in their responsibilities and ultimately encourage and guide those on their team.
Here are some ideas and best practices leveraging LearnCore to get you started:
- Use PIQ to coach to Scenario-based conversations:
- How would you talk to a sales rep that isn’t performing up to standards?
- One of your rep says “X”...how do you respond?
- Have managers make a video walking through giving feedback to a rep’s PIQ
- Have your managers complete the courses that their teams will be taking first
- Determine a company rubric for PIQ scoring- what does good look like? This will help keep scoring consistent across teams and enable managers to feel confident in their scoring and feedback
Once you’ve established a coaching culture at your organization, how do you measure the effectiveness? In LearnCore there are a number of leading indicators you can look at to help coach your coaches:
- Number of reviews assigned vs. completed
- Number of reviews with feedback
- Average length of feedback
- Average review score
Want to see how these metrics correlate to performance? LearnCore has an open reporting API that allows you to leverage LearnCore data with your internal reporting systems to build custom dashboards tailored to your specific needs. Some examples of lagging indicators to measure effectiveness are:
- Reduction in Ramp Time
- Reduction in Sales Cycle time
- Increase in Average Deal Size
- Increase in Average Quota Attainment per Rep
- Decrease in Turnover
- Increase In Team Conversion Rates
Want to learn more about creating a coaching culture?
Check out our recent blog post where we dive into what a coaching culture is and why it’s important.
Please sign in to leave a comment.