What's in it for you
Okta and Showpad work together to make user provisioning a breeze for your organization. SCIM is designed to make managing user identities in cloud-based applications and services easier. SCIM has a set of default contracts for users and groups which can be extended to work hand-in-hand with Okta.
- Users in Okta can be automatically added as members of your organization in Showpad
- User attributes updated in Okta will be pushed automatically to Showpad
- Deactivate and reactivate users via Okta and see those changes in Showpad
- Groups created in Okta will be pushed automatically to your Showpad instance
You need this to succeed
- Showpad’s Platform Enterprise package
- Available as an add-on for the Showpad Plus pricing plan
- Administrator access on both Showpad's Online Platform and Okta
Do this step by step
Installing Showpad in your Okta account
- In the admin settings section of the Online Platform, ensure that SCIM provisioning is enabled in the sign-on settings. Do this by clicking the gear icon, selecting Integrations, and then Sign-On. Toggle on the SCIM setting.
- Just below Sign-On, select API under the Integrations column to the left. Select API Tokens to create your token.
- Enter a name for your new API token. You can choose to set an expiration date. Click Add. This is also where you can revoke access to other tokens you have created.
API Tokens are linked to the permissions of the user creating them. Creating them for a user that will exist for a long time, or who has an Owner or Manager role is a good practice here.
From your Okta admin portal
Note: If you have not set up SSO with Okta before, make sure to do so before continuing these steps. Learn how to set up SSO for Showpad via Okta here.
- Click on the Provisioning tab and then select Configure API Integration.
- Fill in the the Base URL and paste the API Token you previously obtained from Showpad. Click Save.
Type in your Base URL in this format:
- Test API Credentials and click Save when ready.
- From the Applications dashboard, select Showpad or the settings gear. After completing these steps you should now be able to assign Okta users and groups to the Showpad SCIM application, depending on which features were enabled. These users will be automatically created to your Showpad instance and will receive an invitation email. Groups and their user membership will also be pushed to Showpad automatically.
Currently, from Showpad to Okta, the following activities are not supported: user deletion, provisioning of roles, provisioning of direct managers, and reactivating deactivated users.