Direct managers with users that are assigned to them can access a snapshot of engagement reporting and filter for relevant information. You can drill down into specific user engagement data by Direct manager or get an overview of everything together based on your reporting needs.
- Reporting refined for Direct managers
- Toggle all reports or simply direct ones
- Engagement data made simple
You need this to succeed
- Direct Managers assigned in Showpad
- Showpad admin account or promoted user with reporting permissions
- A browser to use Showpad's Online Platform
Do this step by step
- Navigate to the User Engagement report
- View by Direct manager
- Add columns for relevant manager data
- Drill up or down by Direct manager
- Navigate to the Reports tab in the Online Platform and select Engagement Reports. Choose User Engagement.
- Select View by direct manager from the dropdown menu. Add the Direct manager columns by clicking the three filter drop down and selecting the relevant columns to include the following data:
- Direct manager name: how the user is listed in Showpad
- Direct manager ID: Showpad-assigned identification number
- Division name: the Division the Direct manager belongs, if applicable
- Number of users: amount of reports the Direct manager has at the time the report is pulled.
- Reporting to: limit results by Direct managers who report to another Direct manager
Note: Toggle Direct reports on to see only the number of users who report straight to the Direct manager, not those who report indirectly or were assigned within a group. Uncheck the box to see all reports to that Direct manager, including indirect reports. Learn more about the difference between manager types in this article.
- Use the Direct managers filter to choose from those listed as a Direct manager in your Showpad instance.
- To see who reports to each Direct manager, click their name from the column and check out the list of all Users and their engagement activity. You will see the direct reports of the Direct manager you clicked on, and it will not include data from group managers.
- You can add a useful report column here by selecting the Add/Remove fields column menu, and selecting Direct manager name.
Drill back upward to the original Direct manager report by clicking any name in the Direct manager name column.