The latest release introduces changes to our SharePoint integration. This step-by-step guide explains how existing SharePoint integration users should use the recently updated mappings for the Author, Location, and Language properties. These additional mappings are optional, and your Sharepoint connector will continue to work without them as well.
Note: If it’s your first time setting up SharePoint synchronization with Showpad, please follow this guide instead.
Introducing the new options
As an admin using our SharePoint connector, you will now be able to carry over additional fields and permissions from your SharePoint site to your Showpad library.
To do so, configure columns in your Sharepoint document library for:
This value will map to Showpad and reflect in the asset detail panel within your content library in the Online Platform.
See how it’s done
- In Sharepoint, navigate to Site Contents and click the Showpad Connector.
- As an existing customer, when you open the Showpad Connector all your details will already be filled in. At the bottom of the page, click Save and grant access.
- After granting access, you will need to accept the Authorization Request. Click Accept, and then you will see the migration page. We recommend you do not add or remove assets from Showpad while the migration of content is being performed. If the migration process is successful, you will be redirected to the main page of the connector. In the case it fails, you will receive an error message.
If this occurs, refresh the page. This will restart the migration process. If the error persists, please contact our support team.
If you have multiple SharePoint Sites that sync to Showpad, we advise you to open the connector for each site, grant the OAuth2 access and perform the migration step.
- Navigate to your Sharepoint document Library.
- To use the Author option, you need to create a new column.
- Click Add Column and select Person or Group as the type.
- Name the column Author and check the box to Allow selection of Groups. Click Save.
- The Locale property, composed of Languages and Countries, is also available as a mapping option. To utilize this, create columns with Single Line of Text/ Multiple lines of text/Choice/ Managed Metadata type fields to map Languages and/or Countries.
Multiple columns can be used with this mapping. The values we expect are the abbreviations of the language/country (for example, en - English, be - Belgium).
- Navigate to Site Contents and click the Showpad Connector.
- Within the document library, use the drop-downs to utilize your new column.
In the Author Column, select the Author mapping to Showpad option. Click apply when you're ready. Sync must be set to Publish.
- Multiple authors can be added to the Author field. When you add an Author in the SharePoint document details, it will now sync to Showpad's Author property. Groups are currently not supported to map to Showpad.