With content authors, Showpad makes it easy to define who manages and owns what content. When uploading assets to the content library, you will be automatically listed as the content author, so others know who penned the asset. The author field can be edited in bulk on assets, or on a per asset basis. Similarly, assets in the content library can be filtered by the author, which can be useful when you're looking to update a piece of content you uploaded.
Content authors are available for uploaded assets or Pages created within Showpad. For Pages, the person who created the Page will be the default author, however, admins can change or add more authors as needed to a Page.
See how it looks
- Content authors will populate retroactively for content dating back to 2016
- Easily filter the content library by author
- Add multiple authors to an asset
You need this to succeed
- Admin or Promoted Member with manage content permissions
- Assets to upload to the content library, or previously uploaded assets
The quick way to awesomeness
- Upload an asset or create a Page
- Open the asset detail pane
- Add or remove authors from the asset
Note: If a user has been deleted, they will be removed as the content author and the field will be blank. If a user is deactivated, they will still appear as the content author. In this case, the deactivated user can be replaced in bulk with a new author. When the content author is an anonymized user, they will be reflected as an anonymized user in the content author field.
Do this step by step
- When an asset is uploaded, the person who uploaded it will automatically be listed as the author.
- To edit, remove, or add an author to an asset click the asset to open the detail pane. Hover over the author then click the edit icon.
- To remove an author, click the x to the right of their name. To add authors, start typing their name and select them from the list. Any Showpad user can be added as an author, even if they are not an admin or promoted user.
- When you are done updating the authors, click Save to keep the changes.
- To filter assets in the content library by author, click the Author dropdown. Check the boxes for the authors whose content you wish to populate, then click Apply. Assets that have any one of the selected authors will populate.