What's in it for you
Utilizing LearnCore reporting in Salesforce allows you as an admin to see insights on users, paths, and courses within Salesforce. This reporting works by periodically pulling in data from LearnCore, so you can view your reports and dashboards without having to leave Salesforce. Not only does the LearnCore Reporting app make it easy to view data in Salesforce, but you can schedule the data retrievals to happen automatically at a time that is convenient for your organization.
- View LearnCore reporting data in Salesforce
- Schedule data retrievals
- Save various reports for easy access
You need this to succeed
- Salesforce admin or relevant permissions (Download AppExchange packages and Customize Application)
- LearnCore admin access
- An API Token provided by your Customer Success Manager
The quick way to awesomeness
- Install and configure the LearnCore Reporting for Salesforce App
- Schedule automatic data retrievals from Showpad to Salesforce
- View your Coach Reporting data in Salesforce
Do this step by step
Install and configure the LearnCore Reporting for Salesforce App
- In Salesforce, navigate to set up and search for Deliverability in the quick search.
- Click the Access Level drop down and select All Email. Click Save.
- Install the Showpad Coach Reporting package here, and follow the installation setup. Select the Install for All Users option.
- In Salesforce, click Setup. In the left side menu, search and select Custom Metadata Types.
- Find Showpad Coach Authorization and click Mange Records.
- Click New to create a new record. Fill in the Label with LearnCore Reporting App.
- In the Token field, add the LearnCore token generated for you by your Customer Success Manager.
- Click Save.
Schedule automatic data retrievals
- Schedule automatic retrieval of data from LearnCore. To do so, search for Apex Classes in Salesforce setup. Select Apex Classes.
- Click Schedule Apex.
- Give the scheduled job a name, such as Daily LearnCore Reporting Sync: Users.
- In the Apex Class field, input the type of report that you would like to pull from LearnCore. The options are:
Clicking the search icon to the right of the Apex Class field will populate these items.
- Next, specify the frequency you wish for the reporting data to be pulled from the LearnCore reporting API. Select Weekly or Monthly, and by days of the week or days of the month. We recommend scheduling the job late every evening when traffic is minimal.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process for each of the reporting types you wish to import into Salesforce.
- To manage any scheduled jobs, navigate to Setup and search Scheduled Jobs. Select the Apex Class you wish to edit, then click Manage.
Viewing your Reporting data in Salesforce
Once your scheduled job runs for the first time, you will be able to view your LearnCore data in Salesforce. There are multiple ways to navigate to and view this data in Salesforce.
View the LearnCore reporting data within the LearnCore Users tab in Salesforce. To do so, click the LearnCore Users tab from the top menu. If it doesn't appear yet, click the + button in the top menu, then select LearnCore Users. Click Go. This will produce a list of LearnCore users and their data. Click on any specific user for a more detailed view.
Similar to the LearnCore User tab, various combinations of data will be saved as tabs for your viewing. Click the arrow dropdown menu to find more reports, such as LearnCore Admin Managers report to learn more about managers and admins review activity, or the LearnCore Checklist Items and Users report to learn more about individual checklist items and user completion.
To view various reports at once, navigate to the Dashboard tab. Here you will find various reports and leaderboards compiled.