What's in it for you
Great content libraries have a lot of material for many different needs, which can sometimes feel overwhelming for users. As an admin, you can tailor your content to best suit your users based on different criteria, such as where they are located, what language(s) they speak, and by commonly used tags. You can do this by creating Content Profiles.
Content Profiles differ from tags in that they include an umbrella of information including locale and language as opposed to tags, which are topics that can be applied to different assets for easy filtering. With these profiles, your users see the best content for them and it will save time for everything else on their plate.
Note: On the Showpad Windows Legacy app, Content Profiles are not applied on the created Pages. As a result, your users might see more content when opening a Page on an Atom, Mapper, and Classic Experience on the Windows Legacy app.
See how it works
- Get content to users based on location, language, and/or tags
- Cultivate custom libraries for each team
- Enable multiple content profiles for groups and users based on locale
You need this to succeed
- Admin access or promoted member with User Management permissions
- Showpad content Plus or Ultimate Package
The quick way to awesomeness
- In the online platform, click Users then Content Profiles
- Select Create New Content Profile
- Fill in the fields and select the applicable filters
- Enable dynamic content filtering in assigned Experiences
- Repeat until you have all the profiles you need
Note: Content Profiles currently apply to the following Experiences: Atom, Mapper and Classic. Dynamic content filtering is not supported in Selector Experiences.
Do this step by step
- Click Users from the online platform and choose Content Profiles. Select Create New Content Profile.
- Fill in the Profile Name, Description, and Division. Assign your new entry to the Groups of your choice. Content profiles can only be assigned to one Division.
- Add filter parameters by Locale (languages and/or countries) and Tags. When you select More Options, you can choose to Match ALL, ANY, or NONE of the options.
- Find your content profiles by using the search bar, or Groups and Division options to filter for results. Scroll down the right side for a quick look at the selected profile. Edit or delete with the pencil and trash can icons, respectively.
- Head to your Library and click Open Experience Builder to enable content profiles for selected Experiences.
- Select the Experience you want to enable Content Profiles for, then choose the gear icon on the right side of your screen. Select Edit.
- Check the box to Enable Dynamic Content Filtering and then choose Save.
- Make changes anytime you want to update your Content Profiles by utilizing these steps and ensure that your team members are seeing the best content to help them succeed.
Note: When users are assigned to more than one Content Profile, they will see all assets associated with each created profile. The more Content Profiles your users are assigned to, the more assets they will have access to.