What's in it for you
Use SCIM as a real-time way to create and remove users and groups from your third party identity management system. SCIM updates data on per-change basis, for immediate accuracy. Enable SCIM in your Sign on Settings, and set it up using a custom token from the API.
Note: This article covers SCIM 1.1 provisioning. Showpad offers SCIM 2.0 capabilities as well, which you can learn more about in this article.
- Create or remove groups and users through your identity management system
- Update on a real-time basis
- User accuracy
- SCIM 1.1 is supported
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Enterprise package
- Showpad admin account
- A third party identity management system
The quick way to awesomeness
- Enable SCIM in the sign-on settings
- Generate an API token
- Use the token to connect Showpad to your identity management system
Do this step by step
- Navigate to the Admin Settings in the Online Platform. Select Sign On from the admin settings menu.
- Click the toggle to enable SCIM provisioning.
- Next you will need to generate an API Token. This is what you will use to establish the connection between Showpad and the identity management application. Click the admin settings icon and select integrations.
- Click API under the Integrations menu.
- Select API Token.
- Give it a name and expiry date, then click Add.
- Copy the API token string. Each token is unique and you will not be able to access it again, so you may choose to paste and save it somewhere safe. Click Done.
- The rest of the set up for SCIM will vary based on your third party identity management system. Input the API token to into your application to establish it's connection to Showpad.
- To disable SCIM, turn off the SCIM toggle in the Sign On settings. To ensure record accuracy, users imported by SCIM will be uneditable in the User Management tab.