What's in it for you
Create and remove users and groups as part of a daily sync between your SFTP server and Showpad using SFTP Provisioning. This provisioning option is particularly useful for organizations with a high volume of users, as it cuts down on the manual work to add or remove users and groups. This sync runs once a day, typically early in the morning. To ensure user record accuracy, you cannot edit your groups and users within Showpad when STFP syncing is enabled.
- Ensures user record accuracy
- Easily add and remove users and groups from Showpad
You need this to succeed
- Host, path, username, and password for your SFTP server
- Showpad admin access
- Properly Showpad formatted .csv file for the user system of record
The quick way to awesomeness
- Enable SFTP in the Sign-On Settings
- Connect to your SFTP server
Do this step by step
- Navigate to the Admin Settings and select Sign-On from the left side menu.
- Click the toggle to enable SFTP.
- To open the configuration, click the caret menu. If you haven't created the user record yet, you can click to download the template. Ensure your file is properly formatted.
- Enter the Host, Path, Username, and Password to the SFTP server that Showpad will be connecting to.
- When you're ready, click Save & Sync.
Create a permanent user
If you have a user who you don't want to be affected by the SFTP sync, maybe because they are changing their name, you can make them a permanent user. This will allow them to keep their Showpad account as is, but will forfeit their right to be in any of the SFTP synced groups. If a user leaves the company, they will also be removed from Showpad through the SFTP sync once their record is removed from the system of record. Permanent users can come in handy in this case to keep their data in Showpad.
- Any users part of the SFTP sync will have a sync icon to the left of their name in the Users tab. Click any of the synced users to open their details panel on the right side.
- Click Make Permanent User. Their user record will now be maintained in Showpad instead of the external system of record. This action cannot be undone.