Using the bulk action tab can help to offload some of the more tedious tasks of managing learning initiatives for your sales teams. From the Bulk Actions tab within Coach Library, you can schedule reminders, edit due dates, edit course status, modify curriculums, and more without the manual effort of entering this information in multiple times. Furthermore, you can eliminate the need to track varying users, courses, and timelines for completion. This is especially helpful when on-boarding new employees on a rolling basis.
- Assign courses to groups in bulk
- Add or remove courses from available curriculums
- Configure fixed or rolling due dates for courses
- Schedule reminders
You need this to succeed
- Admin access or promoted user with manage courses and paths permission granted
- Courses, curriculums, and user groups
The quick way to awesomeness
- Assign groups to a course and configure due dates and reminders
- Add or remove courses from curriculums where needed
- Assign desired groups to curriculums and set due dates and reminders
- If starting with groups, add or remove available courses or curriculums
Do this step by step
- Navigate to the Library and click the Coach Library tab. Select the Bulk Actions tab on the left side.
- The first section with bulk actions is Course Assignment. Select a course from the drop-down menu. You will see all the groups assigned to the course, their due date, if a reminder is scheduled, and the course status.
- To edit any group's assignment, check the box to select the group(s). Click edit, then select Due Date, Status, Reminder, or Remove. If you check more than one group, the bulk action you take will override the current selections for each group selected.
- Clicking the Due Date option allows you to update the due date for that particular group, either as a fixed date or a certain number of days after the assignment. When you're done, click Save.
- Clicking the Reminder option allows you to update the reminder for that particular group. Choose none, or select Automatic and enter the number of days after course assignment that you want users to receive a reminder.
- Clicking the Status option allows you to bulk edit the course status for the selected groups. Choose Required, Elective, or Hidden, then click Save.
- Clicking Remove will unassign the selected groups from the course. If you're sure, click Remove Assignment.
- Under Choose Groups on the right-hand side you will find your other user groups. Check the box to select the user group you want to assign to the course. Under Group Details, fill out the course status, due date, and reminder fields. Click Add selected to add the group to the course.
- The next section is Curriculum Management. To begin, you will need to create or select a curriculum from the right-hand column.
- Once you have your curriculum selected, a list of courses will populate below. Check the box to select the courses you wish to add to the curriculum, then click Add Selected.
- To remove a course from the curriculum, check the box for the courses you wish to remove, then click Edit. Select Remove, then click Remove Courses.
- In the Curriculum Assignment tab you can assign courses within curriculums by user group. To start, select a curriculum from the dropdown menu. Remember, curriculums are only seen on the admin side, and are used for organizing courses.
- All the courses within organized within that curriculum will populate, and the user groups assigned to the course will show beneath. Check the box to select any user group, then click edit. You will have the same edit options as in Course Assignment.
- To add groups to all the courses within the curriculum, check the box to select the group from the Choose Groups section, then choose their Group Details. Click Add selected and the groups will be added to all the courses within the curriculum.
- In the Group Assignment tab you can see all the courses assigned to any particular group, as well as assign courses by group. Start by selecting a group from the Groups dropdown menu.
- In the Choose Courses section, check the box for the courses you want to assign to the selected group. Under group details, add a course status, due date, and reminder. Click Add selected to assign the courses to the chosen group.
- For the selected group you will see a list of all the courses assigned to them, organized by curriculum if applicable. To edit the course assignments, check the box for the courses then click Edit. You will have the same options as in Course Assignment.