What's in it for you
One way for users to stay engaged with their peers and their coursework is by using the Discussions feature. Discussions allow users to ask questions and make comments to their peers, and gives their learning experience a social factor. As an admin, you have the ability to monitor these discussions, and take action if necessary.
- Engage in discussions with users
- Monitor and delete threads if necessary
You need this to succeed
- Courses with Social enabled
- Discussions started by users in their courses
- Admin or promoted user with Manage Discussions permissions granted
The quick way to awesomeness
- Navigate to the Collaboration page
- Open the Discussion tab
- Filter and find threads started by users in their courses
- Delete topics
- Subscribe to threads that you wish to follow along on
Do this step by step
- In the Online Platform, select the Collaboration page. Click the Discussions tab.
- Filter the discussion threads by Subscription, Course, or Division.
- Use the search field to find specific topics.
- To delete a topic, click the three dot menu to the right of the thread. Click Delete Topic. Keep in mind that users have put time into their discussions, however this can be helpful to delete obscenities or outdated information.
- Subscribe to threads you want to follow along with, so you can easily filter by just threads you are subscribed to. To do so, click the three dot menu to the right of the discussion, then click Subscribe to Thread.
- To view all the replies in a thread, click the comment icon. It will show the number of replies in the thread. You can also add your own reply by typing in the text field then clicking Reply.