Learning happens online, offline, during day-to-day activities and beyond. With Paths, you can incorporate live tasks along with courses to improve certifications, onboarding, and ongoing learning goals. These assist users in ensuring they are completing all the required items related to their onboarding and training.
Paths allow flexibility in how courses and tasks are assigned. For example, certain courses should be taken after others. By using Paths, you can control the order that you would like users to complete items on their list. Reporting is available for Paths, similar to courses, to help provide insights into team performance.
See how it works
- Guide users to complete courses and various tasks in an organized way
- Manage the order of completion for tasks and courses
- Structure different initiatives all in one place: onboarding, processes, and beyond
- Time to completion shows how long it will take to follow a Path
You need this to succeed
- Admin access to the Showpad platform
- Courses and/or tasks to assign to users
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create a Path and add tasks and courses
- Assign targeted user groups
- Publish the Path
- View stats and a summary of user activity
Do this step by step
- Creating a Path
- Assigning Paths
- Adding a summary
Creating a Path
- From the Admin dashboard, select the Library tab and go to Coach Library.
- Click New and select Path.
- Give your Path a title and short description. This description is visible in the tiles that users see on the Home Screen. You will be the default owner of the Path but you can assign any admin as the owner.
- You can copy the content from previously created Paths and Curriculums using the drop-down menu on top-right.
- You can add a custom image for the Path. It helps to distinguish Paths and also shows up in the Home Screen tiles that your users see. The image needs to be at least 800px by 400px and in PNG or JPG format.
- To add an item to the Path item, click Create Path Item.
- If you create Task, give the Task a title and description. If applicable, enter a URL related to that item. You can also add a Time to Completion. This will be used to calculate how long it will take for users to finish the Path.
- You will notice that courses and tasks can be created and edited from this screen. Save your Path to save your progress. Clicking the edit button takes you to the edit screen.
- If you want to assign an existing course to the Path, search through existing courses and curriculums on the left-hand side and click to add the applicable items.
- Click Save and Continue to go to the Assigning Group section.
After adding items to your Path, you can assign users and groups.
- In the left-hand menu, search for a group or user by typing in the search bar. You can also scroll through the available users or groups to find the individual(s) or group(s) whom you would like to assign the Path. Click the name of either a group or user to add to the list of assignees.
- The users and/or group(s) will now be listed under the Path. You have the option to assign a required or elective status, a fixed or rolling due date. Due dates can be scheduled for a specific date or be scheduled to occur a set number of days after the item is assigned. The automatic reminders are sent when you add a due date. You can stagger courses or tasks by giving individual items separate due dates. Add an individual user to give them their own dates, reminders, and assignments.
- In addition to a due date, you can schedule reminders for your groups and users to complete the items on the Path. Like due dates, you can schedule reminders for individuals and specific Path items.
- You can copy due dates and reminders across multiple groups and users assigned to a Path, by choosing the Bulk Copy Due Dates and Reminder Days option from the menu in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Here, you can also send a reminder to all the groups to finish the Path in time.
Rolling due dates are only applicable to groups. When rolling due dates are copied over in bulk, they will only apply to selected groups and not individuals. This is because individuals can be assigned their own date and have it be edited to their specific timeline by their admin or manager.
- Click the Users tab to view details on individual user’s assignments, and to keep track of who has been assigned within a group or as an individual user. This setting determines if the group or individual Path status, due dates, and reminders will be displayed. By default, when a user is added as an individual, they will show on the priority tab with Individual listed as the dominant selection, regardless of if they’re also in a group. You can change this back to group status by selecting the dropdown menu labeled Individual. Not Applicable appears when an individual was initially assigned within a group.
If an individual’s priority is changed, they will no longer show up as an individual assignee on the Users & Groups tab. Use this tab to keep track of all assignees and make changes as needed at any time in your Path process.
- Back on the Users & Groups tab, you can unassign a Path by clicking the ellipsis icon in that person or group’s row.
- When unassigning a group from a Path, you will be asked whether you want to remove them from all associated tasks and courses from the Path or to remove them only from the tasks.
Adding a summary
The last section of the Path creation is a summary of the current setup.
- By default, assigned users will be sent an invitation email. If you want to disable this, slide the applicable toggle to the left. You can only send invitation emails prior to publishing a Path.
- The table below shows an overview of the details of your Path.
- The link lets you copy and paste this Path to other Paths.
- When you have confirmed the details are correct, click Save & Publish. This will publish all tasks and courses in that Path so double-check all of your items prior to publishing. You cannot add courses that are in development to a published Path. If your Path is already published, you will just save your changes or opt to hide the Path for the time being. You see a summary of the invitations emails that went out.
- Back at your dashboard, you will see the Path along with the number of users who have started and/or completed the Path.
- For your users, this is how the created Path is visible on the Home Screen and in the Coaching tab.
- You can choose to Hide or Archive Paths by going to the Coach Library. Click the three dots to open the menu. Hiding a Path removes it from the user view only, while archiving removes the published status, and saves the Path to your archives.