What's in it for you
On a user's Home Screen, a set of recommendations is visible and lets a user actively engage with suggested content. By exposing selected endpoints of the recommendation engine, you can use some of the endpoints in advanced experiences and custom integrations. Some examples of available endpoints in our public API are:
- New assets
- Popular assets
- Trending assets
- Assets used in similar, successful Salesforce opportunities
This API service provides a ranked list of recommended assets based on a set of input parameters.
See how it looks in the API Explorer
- Leverage recommendations endpoints in advanced experiences
- Use the recommendations endpoints in custom integrations
- Leverage the same recommendations as available in the user Home Screen
You need this to succeed
- Showpad's Ultimate pricing plan
- Admin access to Showpad's Online Platform to access the API Explorer
- REST Clients and command lines are no mystery to you
The quick way to awesomeness
- Open the API Explorer in Showpad's Admin Settings
- Look for the recommendations, sfdc-recommendations, and users endpoints
- More information is visible when opening the available operations
All the details
As a user of this API, you can
- Call an endpoint per model that provides a list of ranked assets
- Call an endpoint that provides a list of ranked recommendations to be shown on the Home Screen, combining relevant recommendation models
Model endpoints that are publicly exposed
- New assets (/recommendations/assets/new)
assets to which the user has been recently assigned
- Popular assets (/recommendations/assets/popular)
assets that have been viewed in-app or shared
- Trending assets (/recommendations/assets/trending)
assets that have recently been viewed a lot in-app or shared
- Updated assets (/recommendations/assets/updated)
updated assets that a user often views
- Similar assets (/recommendations/assets/similar)
assets that are similar to the given assets, based on their content
- SFDC rule-based recommended assets (/sfdc-recommendations/assets/rule-based)
assets that are recommended for a SFDC oppy, contact, account or lead based on its or its parent SFDC field values
- Used in similar, successful SFDC opportunities (/sfdc-recommendations/assets/successful)
assets that were shared in the context of similar, successful opportunities
- New experiences (/recommendations/experiences/new)
experiences to which the user has been recently assigned
- Popular experiences (/recommendations/experiences/popular)
experiences to which the user is assigned and which is popular with users that have access to it
- Home Screen recommendation endpoint, which provides the same recommendations as available in your Home Screen: /users/me/recommendations?context=homescreen
One single call that combines the different models. An asset that has been selected by a previous recommendation model, cannot be recommended again.
Do this step by step
- Sign in on Showpad's Online Platform.
- Go to Admin Settings.
- Open the API tab.
- Click on API Explorer.
- Verify you are using API v3.
- Expand the operations to see what is possible for the exposed endpoints mentioned above.