What's in it for you
Distributing informative content and resources to your sales team is likely why you adopted Showpad Coach as a tool for your organization. This section is where you will create and/or upload the content that will make up the courses that you assign to learners. Creating meaningful content and structuring it in a thoughtful manner will help ensure your teams are prepared at any time or place to engage in sales conversations with prospects or customers. Content may often be useful in other courses. With this in mind, content added to courses is also saved to the Asset Library. The only exclusions to this are authored and voice over content created within the course.
You will also configure certain general settings related to the course content at this time. Keep in mind that you may add five pieces of content per lesson but you can add as many sections or lessons as you’d like.
- Choose between two main options for course content: create or upload
- Within those options, pick and choose the best approach for distributing content
- Flexibility in content management allows for more engaging learning initiatives
You need this to succeed
- Admin or promoted member rights regarding course content
The quick way to awesomeness
- Configure permissions for the content in the Learn tab
- Add sections and lessons with titles
- Choose the content type and follow the prompts to include the relevant content
Do this step by step
- The first part of the Learn section is the general options available. These relate to user permissions around the content of the course. If you'd like to allow users to make annotations on Learn documents, set the first toggle to yes. If you'd like to download documents and videos you use in the Learn section of your courses, toggle Allow downloading of lesson assets to Yes. This setting enables downloading assets to a desktop and is not applicable to mobile devices.
- Sections allow you to group separate lessons into one group. This will help in organizing the structure and general approach you are taking to course creation similar to a story with chapters. Like a chapter, each section will need a title.
- Now that you have created a section, it’s time to begin adding lessons to it. Initially, you will create the lesson, give it a title, and click Save.
- Once the lesson is saved, click Add Content to either upload or create new content for this particular lesson.
- You have two options when adding content to a course: Add or Create.
Creating content can take shape in various ways. The available options to create content and how to complete them are found below:
Capture is a feature that will allow you to record your screen while providing additional commentary to what you’re doing. Capture is the perfect tool to use for product demos and process training, such as Salesforce. It gives you the opportunity to show users how something should be done before they’re given the opportunity to submit their version to you and/or their Manager. Before recording, make sure you have your desired application open in a separate window. If it’s a web-based application, separate the tab from other tabs you have open so navigating between Showpad Coach and your application is seamless, and users are only seeing relevant information. Have a rough script ready regarding what commentary you want to add to your demo so that you’re not re-recording multiple times.
- After selecting the Capture option from the drop-down menu, you will have the option to choose between Microphone only – which will record your screen and your voice only; or Microphone and Webcam, which will record your screen and access your webcam to record a video of you simultaneously. To record video, you will need to use the Chrome or Firefox browser.
- After choosing your desired option, a larger window will appear, and you’ll select Share Screen and Begin Recording to start.
- After beginning, a pop-up window will appear that will ask you to select the window or application you want to record. Once making your selection, the platform will begin recording your screen, and your audio and/or video, depending on which option you chose.
- Once you’ve finished recording your session, hit Stop Recording.
- You have the ability to review your session to see if any adjustments need to be made. You can either re-record your session or Save it as content.
This content tool works the same as a standard word processing tool. You can write content directly, insert links to outside resources, and even embed files from Google Drive or Box into the lesson through this option.
- From the Create drop-down menu, click Author.
- Manually enter any text into the text box and have it appear in the lesson. Basic HTML formatting is supported so you can customize the look of your written content.
- To point to a location outside of Showpad, copy the link you want to embed. Click on the link icon in the options above the text box. Paste the link in the URL field and click OK.
- If you would like to embed a Box or Google Drive file directly into the lesson, click the Source button and paste the direct link or embed code in the main text box. If permitted, the content will automatically update in Showpad when changes are made through Google or Box.
- You can also add an image that was uploaded to an external location, by adding the image URL.
To make the content look and feel more like a direct interaction or instruction, you can record information via webcam. This can help in elevating the course instruction or information to a more engaging level.
- When hovering over Webcam, you will be given the opportunity to choose between Audio (using your microphone only), and Video (which uses your device’s camera and microphone).
- After choosing each of these options, a larger window will open where you will have the option to Start Recording. Clicking Start Recording will give you a 3-second countdown before your recording begins.
- Once you are finished, click Stop Recording.
- You can listen back to your recording and decide if you'd like to re-record or save it.
The Voice Over option is used to add context to a static piece of content. This allows you to upload a file and add commentary to it while scrolling through.
- When hovering over Voice Over, you will have the option to choose between Audio – which will only access your microphone to record your voice, and Video, which will also access your webcam to record a video of you.
- After choosing your desired option, you will be asked to select a file from your local hard drive. Choose your file and click Save, and it will be uploaded to the Lesson.
- Once you’ve uploaded your file, a larger window will appear that will display your content. You’ll be able to scroll through this content to make sure it’s the correct file before recording. When you are ready, click Begin Recording.
This option is for uploading files, recordings, or other content that is completed and ready to be added as course content.
- To upload files directly into a course, select Upload Files from the Add Content drop-down menu.
- You can either browse your local folders or drag and drop content to upload into the course.
- Once you've selected some content to upload, you can opt to add tags or search for existing tags to add to the content you are uploading.
- Once it processes, you will see it attached to your course. Clicking the X next to the file will allow you to delete it directly from the course.
- To select files from the content library, click Select Content from the Add Content drop-down menu.
- A file picker will allow you to select files from your content library to add to the course.
- You can easily search for content or filter by type, property, tag, and source. You will not find URL assets as an option to add to the course.
- All the files you select will be added to that lesson in the course. Click the X to delete individual files.