What's in it for you
Enrolling your learners into the courses you've created for training takes the published course from the the hands of admins into the minds of your sales teams. It's important to feel assured that the pertinent learners and groups are being assigned to the courses intended for them. Showpad Coach provides a straightforward way to accomplish this while keeping manual work to a minimum. Assigning courses can be done at the group level or by individual. This allows flexibility in the process of enrollment to align with your organizational needs.
- Ensure sales teams are enrolled in required and suggested courses
- Assign learners and groups during course creation or at a later time
You need this to succeed
- Admins with content creation permissions
- Managers can assign courses to their respective users and groups
- Designate course assignments as required or elective
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create or edit a course from your admin dashboard
- Add users or groups to the course
- Select the option to make the course required or elective
- Send course invitation
Do this step by step
- After adding content to your course and creating a test and/or Pitch IQ assignment, if applicable, proceed to Add Groups (step 5).
- Click Assign Groups to assign a user group to the course you are working in. Start searching for the group name and select it when it populates. When you've added all the groups, click Apply Changes.
- After assigning your group(s), you can edit the status and add a due date, if desired. The status will default to Required, meaning that the learners in this group must complete the course. An elective course is provided as a suggestion but learners can opt out of taking it. A hidden course will not show up for the learner until you change the status to something else.
- If you want to assign learners at the individual level, click Assign Users in the Users tab.
- Begin typing the name of a learner or user group to find the one you would like to add.
Note: Adding a group in this way can help limit the manual work of adding each group member one by one. However, it is not the same as assigning a group to a course, which will add future group members to the course as well.
- When a learner is assigned to a course through their user group, you have the option to change their priority. Switching them from their group to Individual priority means that they will remain in the course even if their corresponding group is later unassigned.
- After assigning all the learners and user groups you will be taken to step 6, the last step of your course creation.
- Here you will see a summary of that course but also some publish options at the bottom of the page. You will need to estimate the time it takes to complete each module and enter that number of minutes in the designated fields. This will give the user an overall time to completion for the course.
- The first option gives you the option to set the publish date of the course for sometime in the future. The second option allows you to "Send course invitation at publish". It will send automated email invitations to all the learners you just assigned, as soon as you hit the publish button.
- The second publish option, when enabled, will send an automated email invitation to the users added to the course after it is published. So, if you add a new learner or user group to that course, after publishing the course, they will automatically receive an invitation email to that course.
- Once you've configured the publish settings, you can click Save to save the course. You also have the option to also Save and Preview to view the course as a learner would see it, or if you're ready to publish, click Save and Publish.