Windows Legacy and Windows Desktop apps
Showpad currently has two Windows apps. The Legacy Windows app was developed with specific mobile Windows devices in mind, while the Windows Desktop app is more desktop-focused. It brings Showpad’s Web app to the desktop and offers more features, including offline functionality.
Moving forward, we will sunset the Windows Legacy app and continue expanding the Windows Desktop app with new and exciting features.
The sunsetting timeline
- Starting Dec 16th, 2020, the Windows Legacy app will no longer be discoverable on the Windows Store
- The Windows Legacy app will still be available through Showpad and can be requested through your CSM
- Until Sept 1st, 2021, the Windows Legacy app will still receive fixes and updates
- After Sept 1st, 2021, the Windows Legacy app won't be provided and supported anymore
Moving forward with just one app
There are differences between the Windows Legacy and the Desktop app. Coming from the Windows Legacy app, you can find the main differences below.
New features you can use on the Windows Desktop app
|Showpad Coach functionality||Link Sharing|
|Shared Spaces||Office, Google Drive Editing|
|Sharing Templates||Asset Details and commenting|
|Home Screen and Spotlight messages||MeetingIQ|
|Account Page||Download collections as a single PDF|
Features that are not available
|Kiosk Mode - You can create a collection as a workaround|
|Creating a Slideshow|
|Open content in another app|
|Passcode lock functionality|
|Salesforce Meetings (already has been sunset)|
|Support for offline Showpad Coach features|
Note: The Windows Desktop App runs on Windows 10 (April 2018 update) and later. Windows 8.1 is not supported.
- Inform your users about the upcoming change and share the differences between the apps. Our Help Center is a great resource to see how to work with the Windows Desktop app. Your Showpad CSM can assist you with this transition.
- Understand that the Windows Desktop app is available on Windows 10 (April 2018 update) and later. Evaluate your current IT environment whether it supports the app.
- You can find download and installation instructions for the Windows Desktop app in the following Help Center article.
- If you want access to the Windows Legacy app, reach out to your CSM for the download link.