Once you're satisfied with the Custom Homepage you've created, the last step is to assign it to user group(s) and publish it. You can add multiple groups when assigning the page, but we recommend you only assign each group one Custom Homepage. For example, you may assign a group of managers a management-specific homepage, and sellers a different homepage tailored to their selling needs.
It is ideal for users to only be assigned one homepage, however you are able to assign a user group more than one homepage if necessary. In that case, when they click their Home button, they can select which homepage they wish to view from a dropdown menu.
You need this to succeed
- Available on Showpad Content and Platform
- A Showpad admin account
- A homepage ready to publish
The quick way to awesomeness
- Go to the Library
- Select the Homepages tab
- Select the homepage you want to assign and publish
- Add the applicable user groups
- Click Publish
Do this step by step
- Once you're done creating your homepage, you will be brought back to the homepages tab once clicking Save.
- To assign users, click on the homepage from the list to open the detail panel.
- Hover over the User Groups section and click the edit icon. Start typing the names of the user groups you wish to assign this homepage to, then select them from the dropdown menu.
- After adding your desired user groups, click the Publish button.
- All users in the groups assigned will now see this homepage when logging in on the Web app or Windows Desktop app. If a user is assigned to more than one homepage, they will see a dropdown menu under the home button and can select which homepage they want to see.
- Return to this detail panel at any time to edit the groups assigned to the homepage or Unpublish the homepage.
- When you Unpublish an existing homepage, users with no other custom homepage will see the Showpad default homepage again.