Enrolling your learners into training courses you've created and publishing a course takes it from the hands of admins into the minds of your sales teams in a remote and interactive way. It's important to feel assured that the right users and groups are assigned to the courses intended for them. Showpad Coach provides a straightforward way to accomplish this while keeping manual work to a minimum. Assigning courses can be done at the group level or by individual user. This allows flexibility in the process of enrollment to align with your organizational needs.
See how it works
- Ensure sales teams are enrolled in required and suggested courses
- Assign learners and groups during course creation or at a later time
- Designate course assignments as required or elective
You need this to succeed
- Admin or promoted member permissions to course content
- Managers who can assign courses to their respective users and groups
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create or edit a course from your admin dashboard
- Add users or groups to the course
- Choose make the course required or elective
- Send course invitation
Do this step by step
- To assign users and/or user groups to the course, click the Assign tab.
- To start by assigning user groups, click the Add User Group Assignment button.
- Start typing the group name(s) in the text field then click to select them from the drop-down menu. When you're done, click Add Groups.
- After assigning your group(s), select a status from the drop-down menu. The status will default to Required, meaning that the learners in this group must complete the course. An elective course is provided as a suggestion but learners can opt out of taking it. A hidden course will not show up for the learner until you change the status to something else.
Note: Due dates are midnight UTC.If a user is in more than one group that is assigned to the course, their course status will be derived from the first of their groups listed. For example, if a user is in Sales EMEA group with the course status Required and Sales US with the course status Elective, the user will be enrolled as Required, as Sales EMEA is first on the list.
- If you want to assign users at the individual level, click the Users tab and follow the same steps as above.
- When a user is assigned to a course through their user group, you have the option to change their priority in the User tab. Switching them from their group to Individual priority means that they will remain in the course even if their corresponding group is later unassigned.
- To exempt a member of a group from the course, check the box next to the user's name, then select Unassign. Their status will then appear as Unassigned, however, they will still show in the User tab as they are part of a group assigned to the course.
- Once you've configured the Status for the assigned groups and users, you can add an optional due date. Click None within the Due Date column. Select a Fixed or Rolling due date. A fixed due date means the course is due on the selected day. A rolling due date means the course is due a selected amount of days after it has been assigned. Click Save when you're done, and repeat for the other groups and/or users.
- To change the Status or due date in bulk, select the groups you wish to edit then click Edit.
- Update the Status and/or Due Date for the selected groups, then click Save.
Review and publish
Once you have assigned users and groups to the course, click the Review and Publish tab to get it into their hands.
- In the Review and Publish tab, review the course overview. You have the option to copy a link to the course.
- Make your publishing selections at the bottom of the page. To publish on a future date, check the box and add the date you want the course to automatically publish. If you want to publish the course immediately, leave the box unchecked and click Publish Course.
- Select if you want to send users an email invitation when publishing the course. If selected, automated email invitations will be sent to all the users you just assigned, as soon as the course is published.
- Select if you wish to notify users who are added to groups assigned to the course after it is published. So, if you add a new user to a group already assigned to the published course, they will automatically receive an invitation email to the course. If you add an individual user to the course after it's published, they will not receive an email. If you add a new group to the course after it's published, those users will not receive an email.
- Once you've configured the publish settings, click Save or Publish, depending on which publishing option you chose.
- If you choose to send a course invitation email, the message will pop up after clicking Save/Publish. Make any necessary edits, then click Publish and send.