You can manage large amounts of users and see granular details for groups within your User page on the online platform. With advanced filtering options inside Showpad's Online Platform, you can find the users you're looking for, and make changes faster.
- Filter and sort users
- Edit users in bulk
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Admin account or,
- Promoted Member access with manage user and group permissions enabled
- Users and groups in your organization
The quick way to awesomeness
- Navigate to the Users page in the online platform
- Select the User tab
- Filter or search to find the users that need to be updated
- Make the necessary changes and click save
See how it's done
Filter to find user(s) to edit
To find the user you wish to edit, use the search field or filtering options.
In the Users tab, there are various filters to sort and filter your users, which can be extremely helpful when managing large groups. Depending on your package, you will have the option to filter your users by:
Role: Select User or Administrator
Property: Select to view users who are Unable to receive push notifications, have pending invitations, have not logged in, and/or are promoted in a Divison
License Type: Select Direct or Partner
Groups: Select Groups to see which users are in all of the checked Groups. This is helpful for filtering users in multiple groups.
To change which filters are visible, select the Settings icon. Change the filters by clicking which ones you want visible, then click Save.
Sort your user columns by name, latest activity, content updated date, or role. Latest activity can be the last login on the Web app, or activity taken on the mobile app. You also have the option to search for a particular user in the search bar, which is helpful when you already know who you're looking for.
Bulk edit users
Note: To edit the Experiences users or groups are assigned to, do so within the Experience Builder in the content tab.
- To edit your users in bulk, navigate to the Users tab in the Online Platform.
- From the User Library select All Users, Active Users, or Deactivated Users.
- Check the boxes next to the users you want to edit. If you want to edit all the users on the page at once, click the checkbox to the left of the Name column.
- Click Edit.
- To add the selected users to a group, start typing the Group name in the field and select from the drop-down. You can also remove users from a group here the same way in the Remove users from group(s) field.
- Expand the Details section to edit the roles or license types for selected users. If you want to change all selected users to Admin or User roles, check the Change Role box and select a new role from the drop-down menu. You will receive a warning message, be sure you understand the impact of changing users roles before clicking Apply.
- If you are changing the license type for the selected users, check the box for Change License Type and choose Direct or Partner from the drop-down menu. Click Apply.
- Expand the Location section to bulk update the Language or Time Zone for the selected users. Click Apply.
- Expand the Status section to change the status of the selected users to Activated or Deactivated. Select Apply.
- Click Resend all invitations to resend invitations to users who still have one pending. The number in parenthesis will alert you of how many users still have pending invitations.
Edit a single user
- Select the user you'd like to edit. Their detail panel will appear on the right side.
- Hover in the Details section and click Edit. Use the various fields to edit a user's name, e-mail address, or password.
Note: When updating a user's email address, a confirmation email will be sent to their current email address. If the user no longer has access to that inbox and cannot retrieve the confirmation, please contact our support team.
- To edit a user's language, time zone, role, or license type, click in the field and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Add the user to a group by typing in the Groups field, or remove the user from groups by clicking the 'x'.
- If you want to assign this user a Direct Manager, do so by searching for and selecting another user in the drop down menu.
- Select whether the user should have a Content and/or Coach license along with what type of each license it is.
- Update the user's status in by checking or unchecking the Activated box. Click Save.
- To edit a user's password, click the Edit button next to the Password section. Enter a new password for that user and click Save.
- Following the editable fields above, you will see an Assigned Experience section. It is broken down into Experiences the user has been assigned to individually, and Experiences they've been assigned to via groups.
- If the user is promoted in Divisions, you will see which divisions.
- In the Information section, you will see when the user was created and the date of their last log-in.
- Lastly, in the Device section, you will see various information related to the User's devices, including if they can receive notifications, their device model, operating system, and app version.
If you want to export a file of your users, it may be beneficial to do so after you've filtered the users you're looking for. To do so, click the gear icon in the bottom right, then select Export to .csv or Export to .xls. The export will download to your device.
Note: Exporting to a spreadsheet gives you a license overview of which users have Coach, Content, or both.