There are many ways to connect with users and train them, from in-person classroom sessions to webinars around the world. Showpad offers Live Training to create learning sessions and manage your attendees. Admins can easily schedule training sessions and track who attended via the Coach on the Web app or Online Platform.
Live Training sessions will direct users via URL to webinar services like Zoom, Skype, Gotowebinar, and more. If the Live Training session is in person, you can include location information in the session invitation. When the event is over, admins can load attendance in bulk or check off users individually to keep track of who participated.
Users can access Live Training on Coach Paths from their devices using Showpad’s Web app or Windows Desktop app.
See how it works
- Set up Live Training sessions via paths in Coach
- Expand learning opportunities
- Keep track of attendance after the event
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Coach Essential or Plus package
- Admin access to Showpad Coach
- An event location or webinar URL to direct to
See it in a flash
- Configure Live Training sessions via Path creation
- Share calendar invites and gather enrollees
- Log attendance manually or in bulk via .csv after the Live Training
Do this step by step
- To create a live training item and its sessions, start by creating a Path. Our step-by-step walkthrough guide to create and manage Paths will assist new Pathmakers.
- Once the Path has been created, select Create Path Item.
- Choose Live Training as the Item Type and fill in the title and description that your users will see. Click Save and Create Sessions.
- Fill in the details for each session. You can create multiple date and time options if you’d like. Click Save to stay in the session builder as you create. Choose the end date for user enrollment. After that date, users will no longer see the Live Training as a registration option. When you’re done, choose Save & Exit.
Keep in mind, if you add a webinar link, it will override the location field in the ICS file, so you won't see the location in their calendar invite.
- From the Path landing page, you can edit sessions by choosing the pencil icon next to your Live Training item.
- On this page, you can do the following:
a. Edit the title or description of your Live Training
b. Duplicate a session from the current one
c. Delete the current session
d. Add a new session
e. Manage attendance (see the below section for detailed instructions)
- After your sessions are created, invite users and groups to your Live Training by using the search bar and pick menu on the left. Click Save and Continue.
You can return to add or change invitees anytime leading up to the event. Follow the rest of the Path set up to complete your Live Training sessions.
Leading up to the Live Training, you can remind users to enroll, resend invitations and manage attendance within Coach. After the conclusion of your Live Training event, you can go in and mark those who have attended in bulk or manually.
There are a couple places to access Attendance Management. You can choose the right option to get there based on your personal preference:
- Within the Coach Library, navigate to the relevant path. Click the edit icon on the specific Live Training Path item, then the Edit Upcoming Sessions tab. Scroll down to find the Attendance Management button.
- In the My Team Hub, using the Attendance Management tab in the specific Path
- In the My Team hub, you can manually enroll users by clicking the plus symbol and searching by their name to add them. If needed, you can override your set capacity to allow more attendees and add people after the enrollment date has passed. Make sure any users you want to enroll have first been assigned to the Path.
- When the event is over, you can head to Attendance Management and choose one of two ways to track attendance. You can manually choose the checkmark or X next to each individual’s name to indicate if they participated in the Live Training.
- To mark attendance in bulk, select the arrow up icon and upload your own .csv or download the Showpad sample version. Drag and drop or browse for the attendance file and click Upload new file.
- To email all attendees a reminder, click the envelope icon.
- Finally, check on your attendees individually at a glance by choosing User Breakdown tab. You can filter by enrollment status, due date, and session date. Send reminders to users by clicking Reminder User in their corresponding row.