What's in it for you
This article shows how to enable the MS Dynamics integration in Showpad's Online Platform. This allows seeing Showpad sharing activity in MS Dynamics and shows how buyers are engaging with marketing-approved content using the Showpad Insights App.
After enabling the Showpad activity logging, Showpad shares will be logged as task (activity) objects on an MS Dynamics object. Shares will be logged to a single account, opportunity, contact, or lead in MS Dynamics.
Note: This article is the second part of the Guide to integrating Showpad and MS Dynamics.
- Integrate Showpad in MS Dynamics 2013, 2015, 2016, and 365
- Let sales reps see the activity on a share in MS Dynamics
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Ultimate plan
- Admin privileges on both the Showpad and MS Dynamics platforms
- Showpad Insights App installed in your MS Dynamics environment
- The Organization Secret, generated while configuring Showpad's Insights App
- MS Dynamics tenant URL or Azure Active Directory ID
- User email addresses need to be the same in Showpad and MS Dynamics
The quick way to awesomeness
- Open Showpad, go to Integrations, CRM, and add the generated Organization Secret.
- Use the tenant URL or the Azure Active Directory ID.
- Save the settings in Showpad.
- Sign in with your MS Dynamics account. This account needs to be an admin in both Showpad and MS Dynamics.
Note: For the integration to work, the primary email of this user must be the same as the email address used for Showpad.
Do this step by step
- Click the admin settings in Showpad's Online Platform and select Integrations.
- Open the CRM tab and enable Microsoft Dynamics by clicking Get Started and Connect.
- Enable the Activity Logging. Provide the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Tenant URL or the Active Directory ID.
- Enable Showpad Insights App and enter the Organization Secret. It is possible to add multiple MS Dynamics CRMs to one Showpad organization. In that case, you enter the Organization Secret from each instance, separating them with commas.
- Click Connect. Authenticate with the Microsoft Dynamics account. This account needs to be an admin in both Showpad and MS Dynamics. Make sure that the primary email of this user is the same as the email address used for Showpad.
- Enable Consent on behalf of your organization.
- The connection will be verified and added to the CRM configuration.
- Users will now have the possibility to log any email share and Shared Space they create to a Microsoft Dynamics 365 object. This will log to a single account, opportunity, contact, or lead.
Now that Showpad activity logging for MS Dynamics is enabled, you can finish the configuration in MS Dynamics. The next step will make the Showpad Insights App visible for users in the MS Dynamics platform.