Using Showpad MeetingIQ, there are two options to enable sales reps to log their meetings to your Salesforce instance. First, you can easily configure automatic logging. This way, any time a seller finishes a meeting, it will automatically log to Salesforce as a task without any extra work for them. This can be a big time-saver for your busy sellers!
Alternatively, you can configure your Salesforce account so that Showpad MeetingIQ users can manually log their meetings back to their CRM. Integrating activities like these helps sales reps to focus on selling and ease the pain of administrative work. Their meetings can be logged to the relevant Account, Opportunity, Contact, or Lead in Salesforce, making it easy to stay on top of prospect interactions.
With either option, the Salesforce task type will always be Showpad MeetingIQ and include the details of the meeting such as the title, date, time of the meeting, email addresses of recipients and organizer, and the MeetingIQ link.
- Allow for sales reps to log their MeetingIQ meetings to Showpad
- Once the custom task is created, Showpad will automatically remember
You need this to succeed
- Admin privileges on both the Showpad and Salesforce platforms
- Showpad Ultimate package and MeetingIQ licenses
Do this step by step
Configure your Salesforce instance for MeetingIQ
- Click the gear icon and select Setup.
- Select Object Manager, then in the Quick Find search and select Task.
- Click Fields and Relationships. Scroll down and select Type from the Field Label column.
- Click New for the Task Type Picklist Values option.
- Write in Showpad MeetingIQ in the text field, then click Save.
- To refresh the new Task Type and sync it with Showpad, navigate to the Integrations page in the Showpad Online Platform. Click CRM from the left side menu. Click the relevant CRM instance, then click Edit in the logging section.
- Click Save.
- Now, when users select to log their MeetingIQ to their CRM, Showpad will automatically populate the task type as Showpad MeetingIQ.
Set up automatic logging
Once automatic logging is enabled within the Online Platform, all external meetings will be logged to relevant Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts, or Leads based on the invitee list. If needed, users can modify the automated log within Salesforce by editing the task.
- To set up automatic logging, navigate to the Admin Settings and select Features from the left side menu.
- In the MeetingIQ section, click the Automatic log to CRM tab.
- All meetings will now automatically be logged as a task to the primary Account or Opportunity with the nearest future close date and all contact or leads. Only external contacts on the meeting invitee list will be used for logging. If there are Accounts with no open Opportunities, we will log the meeting to the Account with the greatest number of external contacts.