Loading and sharing videos comes with its own variety of tasks to complete successfully. With your timely goals in mind, here is a guide by browser for successfully uploading video productions within the Showpad web app, whether completing an internal PitchIQ or creating and sharing a Showpad Video.
You need this to succeed
- Showpad for the Web App
- Showpad Coach license (PitchIQ) or Showpad Video enabled by your admin
- A Web browser
- A PitchIQ course assigned by your Admin or a Showpad Video
Troubleshooting PitchIQ and Showpad Video issues on the Web app
Below you will find some basic troubleshooting steps for when Showpad Videos or PitchIQ creations are not quite working how you expect on the Web app. Keep in mind, some PitchIQ forms, like Screen Capture, require that you're using Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
Showpad Video tends to work best on Chrome or Firefox, when the browser is up to date.
If you're experiencing issues on the Web app, a good first step is to check if you are using an outdated browser version, and if so, update it. It may also help to check first whether you have a strong network connection. If you are experiencing the error while using a VPN, try disconnecting from the VPN and attempt the pitch from your regular network. Sometimes restarting your router or computer will clear out some e-traffic and help you record and send videos smoothly again.
Below are more specific instructions to allow camera and microphone access depending on the browser you're using:
- Troubleshooting for Chrome
- Troubleshooting for Safari
- Troubleshooting for Firefox
- Troubleshooting for Microsoft Edge
- On your web address bar, click Secure, or the lock icon.
- You should see security settings for Camera and Microphone. Use the drop-down menu to select Allow for each setting.
- Similarly, you will find camera and microphone access permissions by clicking the camera icon in your web address bar if you are already clicked into the PitchIQ. Make sure you're allowing Showpad access to your camera and microphone here.
- If your device is using macOS 10.14.2 or higher, you will also need to allow Chrome to access your camera, microphone, and screen recording in the system privacy settings. To do so, click the Apple drop-down menu in the top left. Click System Preferences, Security & Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Make sure Google Chrome is checked for Camera, Microphone, and Screen Recording.
- Reload your browser page after updating the security settings, and record your PitchIQ or video.
Currently, only Audio PitchIQs and VoiceOver (Audio-only) PitchIQs are supported on Safari browsers. Please use Chrome or Firefox for Webcam, VoiceOver (Webcam), and ScreenCapture (Webcam and Audio) PitchIQ submissions.
- Go to the Safari drop-down menu and select Settings for this Website.
- A security setting box will open, where you will see options for microphone access. Hover to the right to populate a drop-down menu for Camera and Microphone and select Allow.
- Reload your browser page after updating the security settings, and record your PitchIQ.
Note: There is a known bug where the Firefox browser might drop frames when recording a ScreenCapture. The issue has been reported. We recommend using Chrome if you experience this issue.
- In the web address bar of your Firefox browser, click the lock symbol.
- In the drop-down menu that opens click the arrow to the right of Connection.
- When the site security menu opens, click More Information at the bottom.
- A new window will open and default to the Security page. Click Permissions from the top menu.
- Scroll down on the list of permissions until you see Use the Camera and Use the Microphone. Uncheck Use Default, and select Allow. Close the menu window.
- Refresh your browser and record your pitch or video!
- Click the lock icon on the web address bar. Select Site Permissions.
- Set Microphone to Allow.
- Reload your page. Record your PitchIQ or video.