What's in it for you
This article will show you how to add content and organize it within folders for your new or existing Shared Space. The content you add is provided and approved by your marketing team and can be rearranged to your liking. This allows you to fully customize the Shared Space with the content that is relevant for your deal. Only internal participants can add content to the Shared Space.
See how it works
- Select Showpad assets or upload content for your prospects to view
- Create folder structures to organize content
- Structure and rearrange the content how you like it
You need this to succeed
- A Showpad account
- Showpad Plus or Ultimate package
Create Folders in your Shared Space
- Start curating your Shared Space by adding folders to organize your content within. Click Add, then select Create Folder. If you wish to add content directly to the Shared Space without folders, skip to the next section.
- Add a name and write a description for the new folder. Add an optional custom icon for the folder by clicking Change icon. Select the image to upload. Click Create.
- For multi-layered content organization, you can create nested folders within folders. To do so, open a folder in the Shared Space, then click Add and select Create Folder.
Adding content to your Shared Space
- To add content to your Shared Space, click Add then choose one of the following options:
Select Content: This will open the where you can browse and select content from your Experiences, My Files, or Collections.
Add URL: Enter a URL and give it a name to create a URL asset in the Shared Space.
Upload from hard drive: Select content from your device to upload to the Shared Space. These assets are not added to your My Files.
Import from Google Drive: Select content from your Google Drive to add to the Shared Space.
Note: For content inside an Advanced Experience, you can use the search bar to locate the specific content you would like to add to your Shared Space.
- Once content is added to the Shared Space, the asset name will default to the file name as it was uploaded. By clicking the pencil icon, you can change this to something more user-friendly or customer-specific. You can also add a short description of the asset to be visible from the main page to help engage a customer to view the content.
- If an asset in the Shared Space is deleted or removed by an admin, it will have an Expired or Deleted label attached to it indicating it is no longer available. For deleted assets, all activity related will remain in order to maintain historical data. The icon will revert to a grayed-out icon indicating the file type. You will no longer see comments related to removed assets.
Organizing content in your Shared Space
- At any time, you can move the order of assets by clicking the three dots to the left of the asset and dragging it to the desired location. This way you can map out your sales conversation in advance and draw your customers to certain assets before others to tell your story.
- To move any assets or folders in the Shared Space into another folder, click the 3 dot option on the asset. Select Move to.
- Click to select the folder you want to add the content to, then click Move.
When you're done adding content, you can continue with Inviting people to your Shared Space.