What's in it for you
Collections are a great way to organize and share content in a customizable way. Most of the time, viewing them in Showpad is a great way to present information virtually or on the go. Sometimes, it can be useful for sales reps to be able to control the order in which the information is looked at, especially if users will not be online when they view it. One way to do this is to download collections as a single PDF file that can be easily shared online or printed out for a full picture that can be perused at their leisure, perhaps at a fancy restaurant or a spa.
Of course, it’s possible that not all files within a Collection are PDF-compatible. We have a plan for those: they will have a placeholder in the PDF that takes the reader to the original content on Showpad so that your pack of content is presented seamlessly as one file.
- Option to download single items or full Collections as PDF
- Non-compatible files will have a placeholder in the PDF
- Those files will download separately in a .zip file
- One collection all in one place
You need this to succeed
- Your Showpad account on the Web app
- Collections to download from
The quick way to awesomeness
- Log into Showpad on the Web app
- Choose a collection
- Download items separately or as a single PDF
Do this step by step
On the Web app, you can download assets contained in a Collection as individual items, or download the whole collection as a single PDF. Showpad will stitch together the different types of files within the collection and make them compatible as a PDF. Here’s how to do it:
- Select Content and then Collections. Choose the one you’d like, and hover over Download to choose whether you want to download as a single PDF or as separate items.
- For a separate item download, locate the folder of your new .zip file and find your content in its original format. It will look something like this:
When you choose to download as a single PDF, you will see a processing box pop up in the lower right-hand corner. The time it takes is based on the amount and size of the requested items. When Showpad is finished stitching them together, the download will begin as any other download in your browser. If all files are compatible as a PDF, you will get a single PDF file when you download them. Any files that are incompatible with a PDF viewer (such as video, and 3D assets) will still be downloaded separately, and in that case, you would receive a .zip file that will look similar to this:
- In the case of incompatible files, your PDF will hold space for the assets that do not fit inside that format. For instance, a video file will appear in the document with the accompanying text, “This slide was originally an mp4 file and could not be converted into a PDF. You can find the original file in the .ZIP that was downloaded.” It also includes a link to the original video that is a working link within Adobe Reader.
The same type of placeholder will appear for URL assets, 3D .zip files, Showpad Pages, and videos. You will not receive an accompanying file for a URL or Showpad Page, but the placeholder in the PDF will link to them if viewed in Adobe Reader. Downloading Collections as a PDF can be very useful when putting together presentations and sharing information in a specific order for customers and prospects.