Using Showpad's integration with Outreach, you can include Showpad content as dynamic links in email templates and sequences. Using the Showpad for Chrome plugin and a Showpad button within the Outreach compose screen, you can generate unique URLs to share assets in Outreach, which allows the sender to track individual engagement from recipients. Use the option to log shares to Showpad, which enables clear tracking of shares as custom objects in Salesforce, and allows for Outreach shares to contribute to Content ROI reporting.
- Include content from Showpad in Outreach sequences and emails
- Email sender can track individual prospect's engagement with received content
You need this to succeed
- A Showpad plus or ultimate account
- Chrome Web browser
- The Showpad for Chrome plugin installed
- An Outreach account
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create sequences or emails in Outreach
- Use the Showpad Chrome plugin or the Showpad button to add content
- Track recipients engagement with sent content in your Showpad share tab
Do this step by step
Note: If you're a user and your Outreach admin has set up sequences including Showpad content on your behalf, you will receive insights about the recipient's engagement with that content as the sender.
- When creating an email draft, you can add Showpad content from two places. Click the add content icon or search Showpad from within the email compose, or select the Showpad for Chrome extension to browse for content.
- You may be prompted to log in to your Showpad account.
- If you're using the Showpad for Chrome extension, select Outreach as your sharing method.
- Browse or search for the assets you'd like to include. Check the box to select the content, then click Next.
- Add an internal tracking name for the link which will be used for your reference when checking insights.
- To remove content from the share link, click the x to the right of the asset. Choose a sharing theme, and select if recipients are able to download assets. When you're ready, click Generate Link.
- If you're using the extension while in Outreach with an email draft open, the content link will automatically populate into your email. If you're not on an Outreach page, the content link will copy to your clipboard so you can paste it into Outreach when you're ready. You can also manually copy the link. Click Done.
- If you're using Showpad within the Outreach email composer, search for content within the Search Showpad field or click the add content icon. Browse Experiences, Collections, or My Files and select the content you want to share. Check or uncheck the Allow Downloads box to determine if recipients can download a copy of the content, then click Items Select to insert them in the email.
- To log the activity to Showpad as a custom object, check the Log to Showpad Box. Select the Contact or Lead and Account or Opportunity to log the activity to. You may be prompted to reauthenticate your Salesforce credentials.
- If you're sending the email right away, click Send, otherwise click Save.
Track recipient's engagement
If you're an admin setting up sequences or email templates for your users, the recipient engagement will track to their activity. Within the dynamic link, the parameters for recipient and sender will be replaced by the actual recipient and sender, and if there is a match for the sender address with a Showpad user, the Share is transferred to that user.
As a Showpad User, you will receive insight into the individual recipient's activity thanks to these dynamic links used in the Outreach emails.
Note: With this feature, Showpad is not logging activity to your CRM, however, the shares are aggregated as insights in Showpad. When the Log to Showpad button is checked for Outreach shares, view activity is logged to the opportunity or account and contact or lead in Salesforce as a custom object, which allows tracking for Content ROI reporting.
- You will receive notifications when a prospect has engaged with your content. To track your prospects engagement, click View Activity from the email notification you receive, or launch your Showpad account and navigate to your Share page. Select the Emails & Links tab.
- The name of the Share will show as the name you gave the link. You will see the email address the share was sent to, and the date and time it was sent. Note it will say sent from Outreach.