What's in it for you
You can manage large amounts of users and see granular details for groups within your User page on the online platform. With advanced filtering options inside Showpad's Online Platform, you can quickly find the group you're looking for and make changes faster.
- Gain valuable insight on the group-level
- Filter and sort groups
- Edit groups
- Export a list of groups
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Admin account or,
- Promoted Member access with manage user and group permissions enabled
- Users and groups in your organization
The quick way to awesomeness
- Navigate to the Users page in the online platform
- Select the Groups tab
- Filter to find the group that needs an update
- Filter, sort, and edit your selections
See how it's done
Filtering and editing groups
In the Groups tab, you can filter your user groups to make it easier to manage large amounts of users. Depending on how your instance is set up, you will see options to filter your Groups by:
Property: Select to filter for groups that are anonymized, not assigned to an Experience, not assigned to a Division, and/or have no members
Division: Select a Division(s) to see which groups are assigned to it
Experience: Select Experience(s) to see which groups are assigned to it
Sort your groups by name, date created, number of members, or whether or not they are anonymized. You also have the option to search for a particular group in the search bar, which is helpful for when you already know what you're looking for.
- To edit your groups, navigate to the Users page in the online platform and select the Groups tab.
- Click the group you want to edit. The detail panel will open on the right side.
- In the Details section, hover and click the edit pencil icon.
- In this section, you can change the name of the group and the description. If you have Divisions enabled, you will see the option to add or remove Division assignments for the group. Click the X for the Division you want to remove, or add another Division from the drop-down. When you're done, click Save.
- You can configure content filters based on tags using the match all, any, or none logic.
- In the Information section, you will see the creation date, number of deactivated users, number pending invitations, and number of users who have not logged in. To see which users are pending invitations or not logged in, click the number.
- In the Status section, you will see whether or not the group is anonymized. This is a GDPR setting and cannot be edited.
- In the Licenses section, you can see the number of direct or partner licenses within the group. License types can be edited in bulk in the User tab.
- To delete a Group, click the trash can icon in the top left of the Detail panel. This action cannot be undone. Groups that are anonymized cannot be deleted here, as they need to be removed from the GDPR settings first.
Once you've filtered your groups and narrowed down what you're looking for, you may find it beneficial to export your user groups. To do so, click the gear icon in the bottom right, then select Export to .csv or Export to .xls. The export will download to your device.