What's in it for you
You can manage large amounts of users and see granular details for groups within your User page on the online platform. With advanced filtering options inside Showpad's Online Platform, you can find the group or users you're looking for, and make changes faster.
- Gain valuable insight on the group-level
- Filter and sort users and groups
- Edit users in bulk
- Edit groups
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Admin account or,
- Promoted Division Member access with manage user and group permissions enabled
- Users and groups in your organization
- Showpad Essential, Plus, or Ultimate Package
The quick way to awesomeness
- Navigate to the Users page in the online platform
- Select the User or Groups tab
- Filter, sort, and edit your selections
See how it's done
Filtering and bulk editing users
In the Users tab, there are various filters to sort and filter your users, which can be extremely helpful when managing large groups of people. Depending on your package, you will have the option to filter your users by:
Role: Select User or Administrator
Property: Select to view users who are Unable to receive push notifications, have pending invitations, have not logged in, and/or are promoted in a Divison
License Type: Select Direct or Partner
Groups: Select Groups to see which users are in all of the checked Groups. This is helpful for filtering users in multiple groups.
To change which filters are visible, select the Settings icon. Change the filters by clicking which ones you want visible, then click Save.
Sort your user columns by name, latest activity, content updated date, or role. Latest activity can be the last login on the Web app, or activity taken on the mobile app. You also have the option to search for a particular user in the search bar, which is helpful when you already know who you're looking for.
If you want to export a file of your users, it may be beneficial to do so after you've filtered the users you're looking for. To do so, click the gear icon in the bottom right, then select Export to .csv or Export to .xls. The export will download to your device.
Bulk edit users
Note: To edit the channels and experiences users or groups are assigned to, do so within the channel builder in the content tab.
- To edit your users in bulk, navigate to the Users tab in the online platform.
- From the User Library select All Users, Active Users, or Deactivated Users.
- Check the boxes next to the users you want to edit. If you want to edit all the users on the page at once, click the checkbox to the left of the Name column.
- Click Edit.
- To add the selected users to a group, start typing the Group name in the field and select from the drop-down. You can also remove users from a group here the same way in the Remove users from group(s) field.
- Expand the Details section to edit the roles or license types for selected users. If you want to change all selected users to Admin or User roles, check the Change Role box and select a new role from the drop-down menu. You will receive a warning message, be sure you understand the impact of changing users roles before clicking Apply.
- If you are changing the license type for the selected users, check the box for Change License Type and choose Direct or Partner from the drop-down menu. Click Apply.
- Expand the Location section to bulk update the Language or Time Zone for the selected users. Click Apply.
- Expand the Status section to change the status of the selected users to Activated or Deactivated. Select Apply.
- Click Resend all invitations to resend invitations to users who still have one pending. The number in parenthesis will alert you of how many users still have pending invitations.
Edit individual users
- Select the user you'd like to edit. Their detail panel will appear on the right side.
- Hover in the Details section and click Edit. From here you can type in the various fields to edit a user's name or e-mail address.
- To edit a user's language, time zone, role, or license type, click in the field and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Add the user to a group by typing in the Groups field, or remove the user from groups by clicking the 'x'.
- Update the user's status in by checking or unchecking the Activated box.
- Click Save.
- Following the editable fields above, you will see an Assigned Channels section. It is broken down into channels the user has been assigned to individually, and channels they've been assigned to via groups.
- If the user is promoted in Divisons, you will see which divisions.
- In the Information section you will see when the user was created and the date of their last log in.
- Lastly, in the Device section, you will see various information related to the User's devices, including if they are able to receive notifications, their device model, operating system, and app version.
Deleting or deactivating users
- To delete or deactivate users in bulk, select the users you want to delete then click Delete.
- A message will populate where you will select Delete or Deactivate.
- If you choose to Delete users, all of their personal data can no longer be accessed and the users will be anonymized in the analytics. This action cannot be undone. If you choose to deactivate the selected users, the users will no longer be able to log into Showpad, but their personal data will not be removed. Analytics will not be anonymized. You can reactivate users at any time.
- Select the Delete or Deactivate option, then click Confirm.
Filtering and editing groups
In the Groups tab, you can filter your user groups to make it easier to manage large amounts of users. Depending on how your instance is set up, you will see options to filter your Groups by:
Property: Select to filter for groups that are anonymized, not assigned to an Experience, not assigned to a Division, and/or have no members
Division: Select a Division(s) to see which groups are assigned to it
Experience: Select Experience(s) to see which groups are assigned to it
Sort your groups by name, date created, number of members, or whether or not they are anonymized. You also have the option to search for a particular group in the search bar, which is helpful for when you already know what you're looking for.
Once you've filtered your groups and narrowed down what you're looking for, you may find it beneficial to export your user groups. To do so, click the gear icon in the bottom right, then select Export to .csv or Export to .xls. The export will download to your device.
- To edit your groups, navigate to the Users page in the online platform and select the Groups tab.
- Click the group you want to edit. The detail panel will open on the right side.
- In the Details section, hover and click the edit pencil icon.
- In this section, you can change the name of the group and the description. If you have Divisions enabled, you will see the option to add or remove Division assignments for the group. Click the X for the Division you want to remove, or add another Division from the drop-down. When you're done, click Save.
- In the Information section, you will see the creation date, number of deactivated users, number pending invitations, and number of users who have not logged in. To see which users are pending invitations or not logged in, click the number.
- In the Status section, you will see whether or not the group is anonymized. This is a GDPR setting and cannot be edited.
- In the Licenses section, you can see the number of direct or partner licenses within the group. License types can be edited in bulk in the User tab.
- To delete a Group, click the trash can icon in the top left of the Detail panel. This action cannot be undone. Groups that are anonymized cannot be deleted here, as they need to be removed from the GDPR settings first.
Create a new Group
- In the Groups tab in the online platform, click Create New Group.
- Fill in a name and description for the group. If you have Divisions enabled, you have the option to assign your group to a Division upon creation. When you're done, click Create.