You can create email templates so your users can easily insert content and snippets into their shares. With this feature, you can ensure the best and most accurate messaging is being utilized. When creating templates, you can restrict them to certain Classic Experiences, so you will feel comfortable knowing any content inserted in the template can only be shared by users who have access to it. The templates you create and assign to Experiences are accessible to users when they share content via email or compose an email from scratch in the Shares tab.
Users will see all the templates they have access to when composing shares, despite what Experience they are currently viewing. For example, if a user is assigned to Experience A and B, they will see templates assigned to Experience B, even when they are sharing in Experience A. Users will not see templates for Experiences they are not assigned to. This ensures they are only able to share content they are assigned to.Key features
- Create email templates with text and content
- Assign templates via experiences for users
- Duplicate and reuse templates for easy creation
- See how often templates are used
You need this to succeed
- Showpad admin access or Promoted Division Member with manage content permissions
- Users must have Showpad Web app or Windows Desktop app to share templates
- The size limit for content in email templates is 1 MB maximum
The quick way to awesomeness
- Within the content library select Email Templates
- Create templates with text and content and assign it to Experiences
- Manage templates by selecting one to open its detail panel and edit, delete, or duplicate it
Do this step by step
Create email templates
- Navigate to the content Library. If relevant, select a Division. Click Email Templates.
- Click New Template.
- Add a name for the template and assign it to classic experiences. Start by typing in the name of the experience and then select it from the dropdown list. To remove an experience, click the X to the right of the name. Keep in mind, users will see all templates available to them based on the experiences they have access to, no matter what experience they are in when they click the templates feature.
- If desired, add content to the template by searching for a specific asset, or browse and filter your content library by clicking the Add Content button. The content available will be based on the experiences you selected above.
- After clicking the Add Content button, you can filter the available assets by Type, Property, Tags, and more. Select the assets you wish to include in the template, then click Insert.
- Create a subject and body for the email. Click the A icon to show or hide the rich text options.
- If you wish, you can test your template. To do so, click Send Test email, which will send yourself an email to preview your template. The included links will not work in this preview mode. When you're ready, click Save.
Managing email templates
- See which templates are popular with users from the Selected in the last 30 days or Total Selected columns in the Email Template overview. These numbers account for each time a template was selected by a user. This can help you know which templates aren't utilized and may be removed.
- To delete templates in bulk, click the check box to select them from the Email Templates library, then click Delete.
- To edit, duplicate, or delete a single email template, select it from the list to open it's detail panel. You will also find details here such as the creator name, experiences it is restricted to, date created, date updated, and the number of times it has been selected.
- To edit a template, click the pencil icon. Make any changes and click Save.
- To Duplicate a template, click the duplicate icon. The name will automatically be titled "Copy of" and the original title. Make any updates you wish to the template then click Save.
- To delete a template, click the trash can icon, then select Delete. Keep in mind this action cannot be undone.
- To preview a template, select the View icon. You can also send a test email from the preview by selecting Send Test Email.