What's in it for you
Automated Provisioning refers to the ability to maintain users across applications using an automated process. LearnCore’s integration with Salesforce will allow clients to manage Salesforce users and sync them into LearnCore.
Once configured, the sync will run once per day at approximately 12:00 am CST. LearnCore Admins may also begin a manual sync by clicking Sync Now.
- Save time and manual work by syncing users from Salesforce
- Manually trigger a Salesforce sync when needed
- Maintain a single source of truth for user management purposes
You need this to succeed
- Enterprise Salesforce Account
- Access to your organization’s SFDC main admin
- Installation of the LearnCore Package for Salesforce
- A Salesforce user with API access and authorization to view User objects in Salesforce
The quick way to awesomeness
- Install the LearnCore for Salesforce package
- Create the API-enabled profile for LearnCore to sign in to Salesforce
- Select or create a user to associate with the profile
- Configure the appropriate settings on your LearnCore account
- Syncing should occur at 12:00 am CST after this is complete
Do this step by step
- In the left navigation bar, expand Manage Apps and select Connected Apps.
- Find the LearnCore Connected App and click Edit.
- Under IP Relaxation, select Relax IP Restrictions. Click Save.
Creating the API-enabled profile:
Each time the sync is processed, LearnCore will log in to Salesforce through the Salesforce API. Therefore, LearnCore must be authorized with credentials and be permitted to access the API.
To do this, you will want to create a user with a profile that is API enabled through which LearnCore will log in. If you have an existing API user to leverage, you will want to ensure that this user has the correct permissions. While it is not required, we recommend creating an API Only User for enhanced security. To begin, create the Profile that you will assign to the user.
- In Salesforce, click on Setup.
- In the left navigation, expand Manage Users and click on Profiles.
- If you have an existing profile that has API access, you may edit that profile and skip to step 7. If not, select New.
- Select an existing profile to clone from. We recommend selecting a profile that has a Salesforce User License.
- Create a profile name and click Save.
- You will be directed the the profile that you just created. Click Edit.
- If you are updating an existing profile, click Edit next to that profile.
- Ensure that this profile has the following permissions:
- API enabled
- Set password to Never Expire.
Adding the API User:
If you already have a user assigned to the above profile, you can opt to either use that user or create a new one. To create a new user:
- In the left Navigation, expand Manage Users and select Users.
- Select New User. Create a name for your user and assign an email address for this user.
- Select the User License and Profilethat is assigned to the API Enabled profile. Click Save.
Before you start to configure provisioning with Salesforce, make sure you have fulfilled the requirements listed above.
- Log in to LearnCore as an Admin. Navigate to Account Management.
- Under Automated Provisioning, click the Configure button to begin.
- Select the Source for the Users. In this case, Salesforce will be the source and click Next.
- Enter the Username and Password of the Salesforce user. They should have API access. Click Next.
- This step is optional but can be useful for allowing the right users to access LearnCore and group them according to the Salesforce hierarchy. Select up to four Salesforce User Fields to create a category and groups within LearnCore. The User Field(s) that you select will be synced into a Category in LearnCore, and the values in that field will be used as Groups. Select the Salesforce permission set that will sync with LearnCore. Only users with the
selected permission set will be synced.
- To complete configuration, click Save.To complete configuration and process a sync, click Save & Sync.
Note: If you need to provision users who do not have a Salesforce license to LearnCore, you can add them as a permanent user. Permanent users will not be grouped or managed by Salesforce.
The sync will run once every 24 hours at approximately 12:00 am CST or you can process a sync anytime, by clicking Sync Now on the Account Provisioning page in Account Management. Please note that this is a one-way syncgoing from Salesforce to LearnCore. Your Salesforce users and user fields will not be affected by this sync.
Once automated provisioning is enabled, you will no longer be able to manage users within LearnCore and must do so within Salesforce unless they are added as permanent users to your account. Additionally, you will not be able to manage a Synced Group within LearnCore; however, you may still create and manage regular groups and assign users as you see fit.
It is important to note that any changes made to the Users or Groups within Salesforce will affect the users and groups within LearnCore. Here is what you can expect when syncing:
- All Salesforce users with the specified permission set will be added into LearnCore.
- All LearnCore users who do not exist in Salesforce or do not have the specified permission set, or are not added as permanent users, will be removed from LearnCore.
- If a User Field is selected, a Category will be created in LearnCore. All associated user field values will create Synced Groups.
- Any users being synced will be added into any Synced Groups.
- If the value for the user field is updated, the user will be switched to the new Synced Group.
- If your configuration changes and you wish to adjust the User Field used to create groups, the Synced Group from LearnCore will be removed.
- If your configuration changes and you wish to adjust the Permission Set used to create users, any user in LearnCore who is not a part of that permission set (or is not a permanent user) will be removed.
Once synced, you can monitor the sync process by navigating to the Automated Provisioning page and viewing the logs. Here you will see a summary of each sync performed and, by clicking on it, you will be able to see each item that was added, removed, or updated as a result of the sync.