What's in it for you
This article explains how to add the Showpad Insights App to MS Dynamics. Adding this application allows sales to view all content shared with any Account, Opportunity, Contact or Lead. It shows how buyers are engaging with marketing-approved content.
Note: This article is the first part of the Guide to integrating Showpad and MS Dynamics.
See how it looks
- Install the Showpad Insights App in MS Dynamics 2013, 2015, 2016, and 365
- Let sales reps see the activity on a share in MS Dynamics
- Open the Web app from within MS Dynamics
You need this to succeed
- Showpad Ultimate plan
- Admin privileges on both the Showpad and MS Dynamics platforms
- User email addresses need to be the same in Showpad and MS Dynamics
- MS Dynamics 2013, 2015, 2016 integrations need on-premise installation files
- MS Dynamics 365 integration uses the Showpad app available in AppSource, or version 9.0 of the on-premise installation file
- MS Dynamics 365 integration can use the Azure Active Directory ID
The quick way to awesomeness
- Use AppSource to install the latest version of the Showpad Insights App. For on-premise installations of MS Dynamics, import the Showpad Insights App.
- In MS Dynamics, insert the Showpad domain, generate a secret key for integration with Showpad, and get your tenant URL. Use the Active Directory ID to connect MS Dynamics and with Showpad. We need this data when configuring the integration in Showpad's Online Platform.
Do this step by step
To install the insights app, access your MS Dynamics platform with administrator credentials. Depending on the version of MS Dynamics, you can either get it from AppSource or use our packages for on-premise installations.
AppSource installation for MS Dynamics 365
Go to Appsource by clicking the gear icon, Advanced Settings. In the Customization section, you can search for Showpad. Install the app by clicking Get It Now.
Package installation for MS Dynamics 2013 (6.0, 6.1), 2015, 2016 (8.0, 8.1), 365 (9.0)
Note: When installing from AppSource, you can skip the following package installation.
- Click and download the package corresponding to your environment:
Showpad for MS Dynamics 2013 - 6.0
Showpad for MS Dynamics 2013 - 6.1
Showpad for MS Dynamics 2015
Showpad for MS Dynamics 2016 - 8.0
Showpad for MS Dynamics 2016 - 8.1
Showpad for MS Dynamics 2018-365 - 9.0
- Click Settings, Customizations.
- In the Customizations screen, click Solutions. Select to install the solution in Production. Sandbox is only used for Showpad debugging and should not be selected during installation.
- Click Import.
- Select the package you downloaded for your MS Dynamics version. And click Next.
- Complete the installation and the ShowpadInsightsApp will show up in the Solutions screen.
Gathering details for integration with Showpad
To connect the installed Showpad Insights App with your Showpad organization, you need to gather details that will be used later in the Online Platform. We need the following details:
- Organization Secret
- Tenant URL
- Azure Active Directory ID (optional)
Note: When configuring the MS Dynamics integration, the primary email address must match the email of the integration user in Showpad.
To get this data:
- Click Settings, Solutions, open the Showpad App solution by clicking on the name. A new window will pop-up showing you the different elements of the solution.
- In the Navigation pane on the left side of the window click Configuration.
- In the Configuration screen, you have to fill in the correct organization name. If you access Showpad via https://organizationname.showpad.biz, use the lowercase organizationname in the Organization field. Copy the Organization Secret to use later in Showpad's Online Platform. Select Production as Environment. Click Save.
- Now that we have the Organization Secret, note down the tenant URL. This is the URL you use to access the MS Dynamics platform. An example of this: https://myorganization.cm4.onmicrosoft.com
- Use the Active Directory ID to connect MS Dynamics and Showpad. For this, you need access to the Azure Active Directory admin center. Open the Properties tab and locate the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Active Directory ID.
Note: Active Directory ID is required to enable task logging to Dynamics.
Now that the Showpad Insights App is installed and you gathered the connections details, you can continue and make the Insights App visible in MS Dynamics.