What's in it for you
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a cloud-based ERP and CRM enterprise system. Connecting this CRM tool with the relevant Showpad sharing activities is a powerful combination. It keeps your sales reps engaged in Dynamics 365 while still seeing the Showpad sharing activities. Showpad shares are logged as Task (activity) objects on a Dynamics 365 object.
You can download the Showpad app directly from AppSource. Once you select your organization, you can see the Showpad app under the Dynamics 365 Administration Center. Updates will occur automatically for Showpad for Dynamics app.
Enabling this integration gives your users a helpful overview of all interactions with their prospects in this cloud CRM solution. In this article, we'll explain how to configure the integration.
Note: Cooperate with your Microsoft Dynamics 365 administrator to set up this integration.Key features
- Enable Showpad sharing activities for your users in Dynamics 365
- Keep sales reps engaged in Microsoft Dynamics 365 while seeing Showpad activities
- Authentication happens through a Showpad-hosted OAuth client on Azure
- Receive automatic Showpad for Dynamics updates
You need this to succeed
- Plus or Ultimate package
- Admin access to Showpad and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Tenant connected to Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Dynamics account with administrator rights (to grant access to the OAuth client)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Active Directory ID
The quick way to awesomeness
- Open the Admin Settings in Showpad's Online Platform
- Go to Integrations
- Open the CRM tab and connect to Microsoft Dynamics
- Provide the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Tenant URL
- Provide the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Active Directory ID from the Azure Active Directory admin center properties tab
- Authenticate with the Microsoft Dynamics account
- Enable Consent on behalf of your organization
- Copy the Organization Secret and add it to the CRM settings
Do this step by step
- Open the Admin Settings in Showpad's Online Platform.
- Go to Integrations.
- Open the CRM tab and enable Microsoft Dynamics by clicking Connect.
- Provide the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Tenant URL. This is the URL used to access your instance. Enable the Activity Logging.
- Locate the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Active Directory ID in the Azure Active Directory admin center. You can find it in the Properties tab.
- Click Connect and authenticate with the Microsoft Dynamics account.
- Make sure to enable Consent on behalf of your organization.
- The connection will be verified and added to the CRM configuration.
- To set up the Showpad Insights App, generate an Organization Secret from Showpad's app that you can find in the AppSource. Install the app and copy the Organization Secret. Use this secret in the Showpad Insights App configuration in the CRM settings.
Note: You can find more information about configuring the Insights app in the general Showpad for MS Dynamics article.
- Your users will now have the possibility to log any email share and Shared Space they create to a Microsoft Dynamics 365 object.
Note: Users can log to a single account, opportunity, contact, or lead.