What's in it for you
For all your organizations using Slack as a communication tool can now leverage this platform to quickly pull reports or courses through direct Slack commands. Furthermore, you can also send invitations to users via the Slack tool which helps ensure the user sees it within a tool they actively use each day as opposed to their email inbox. Accessing learning tools via Slack makes it easier to share them internally.
Note: LearnCore features are now available on the renewed Showpad platform. Find out more about it here.
- Easily pull reports or courses through direct Slack commands
- Invite other users to courses through Slack communication
You need this to succeed
- Admin access to your LearnCore account
- An active Slack account
The quick way to awesomeness
- As an admin, install the LearnCore app to your Slack workspace
- Use your Slack credentials to authorize the integration
- Configure the settings for the integration in LearnCore
- Use the commands to easily pull in courses to your Slack environment
Do this step by step
- Navigate to the Slack integration option under account management.
- Click Install LearnCore App to Your Slack Workspace to start the integration setup.
- Enter your Slack workspace login information to continue.
- When you attempt to install the LearnCore app to your Slack environment, Slack will ask you to authorize the integration and allow access to users in your workspace and the Slack command function.
Note: You must be an admin in your Slack account to provide authorization.
- You’ll then have the option to allow several different manual reminders to be sent to Slack from LearnCore, including Pitch Review reminders and notifications as well as Course Invitations.
- Type in specific Slack commands to an individual or a Slack channel to provide a direct link to LearnCore. These Slack commands include direct links to courses, using the /learncore-course (term) command, where the term you enter will provide a link to any course that includes that word in the title or description.
- You can also use the Slack command /learncore-report (term or name), where the word or name you enter will provide a direct link to the report for the course that includes that word in the title or description, or the user that has that name.
- Another feature of the Slack integration is the ability to invite users to a course via Slack. When publishing a course, you will now have the option to send the invitation via Slack to all users who are assigned to that course. You’ll still be able to provide an additional note to those users when sending that course invitation via Slack.
- The course invitation will appear in each user’s Slack application via the LearnCore Bot. It will contain links to the course, the details of the Course Admin’s Slack profile, as well as links to our website and the Support Center.