What's in it for you
If you manage your internal users through another provider, auto-provisioning can streamline the creation of users in LearnCore based on that single source of truth. Enabling this will allow you to create users, create groups for those users, and deactivate users without the manual work of managing these without an integrated system.
To ensure your automated provisioning setup is successful, it is recommended that you review the available user permissions to understand them prior to configuring the SFTP sync. Learn more user permissions and, in particular, the role that a manager plays within LearnCore.
Note: LearnCore features are now available on the renewed Showpad platform. Find out more about it here.
- Maintain a single source of truth with your user management
- Automate user creation, group creation, etc through another provider
You need this to succeed
- Admin level access to your LearnCore environment
- Engage LearnCore to configure your automated provisioning
Do this step by step
- Navigate to the Automated Provisioning section under Account Management. Select SFTP Provisioning from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting SFTP from the source options, the CSV file template for SFTP provisioning will be available to download.
- Enter the username and password for your SFTP Server and the SFTP Host for your Server (e.g.itech.acmewidgets.com). Enter the SFTP Path for the file on your server in the Name field (e.g. /home/orgname/sftp/LC_User_File.csv). We only support the standard port 22 for SFTP configuration. If your endpoint is set to 22 it will cause a redundancy that will prevent the sync from working.
Note: You are only able to submit one file to LearnCore per account. This file name should be consistently maintained - LearnCore will only recognize the SFTP file as it is explicitly named in Automated Provisioning.
- The instructions for the proper setup of the spreadsheet you've downloaded is explained in the first row of the template. Prior to uploading your user list after filling out the details, make sure to delete that first row in order to ensure the sync completes successfully.
- The file sync overwrites the old list of users with a new one. This means that users that are present in the system prior to the sync of an SFTP must be included in the file to avoid being removed.
Note: The exception to this rule is the users that are included on the permanent user list. These users and their permissions will be maintained in the account regardless of whether they are included in the file. All @learncore.com names in the account will automatically be included in the permanent user list.
- The sync runs nightly around 12 AM CST. It can also be run manually using the Sync Now button on the Automated Provisioning page once the SFTP has been established. Once the sync runs, you will see a list of users and groups that were created or removed, as well as any errors that occurred in the Sync Summary at the bottom of the page.
If anything goes wrong with the sync we will send an email detailing the error to every admin associated with the account (including CS). The three types of error emails that we send out are:
- Malformed File: the format of the file was not what we expected, due to missing or misplaced data. We outline all of the instances for the client’s knowledge
- Bad Credentials: the username and password name in the configuration are not valid. We provide a link to the provisioning page in the body of the email
- Failed Connection: we tried, but failed to make the connection to the client’s server
- This SFTP file allows you to create managed groups with the managers' name using columns E and F.
- We will create Categories using the row 1 for columns G onward