What's in it for you
Providing various options for permission levels in LearnCore is a significant factor in ensuring the appropriate team members have access to assist in providing training initiatives while maintaining accountability and privacy. Understanding the different permission levels and what is permitted with them is important to the efficient management of your LearnCore account. Here will we cover the available user permissions you can assign to those added to LearnCore. By default, assigning a user gives them learner-level permissions. To upgrade their access level you will need to modify their permissions after creating them in the system.
- Grant appropriate access levels to various contributors to your company’s training initiatives
- Protect the privacy of user data by limiting certain access levels and functions based on permission level
- Increased flexibility in managing your LearnCore account among multiple stakeholders
You need this to succeed
- Admin or reporting admin access in LearnCore
See how this works
- Admin: Complete access to the entire account including account management, user management, social management, course creation, and reporting.
- Content Admin: Limited account access with only course creation permission. They only have permission to create and edit courses. All other aspects of the account are locked, including reporting. Typically this role is for SMEs or members of your marketing team.
- Reporting Admin: Access to user management, social management, reporting, and pitch scoring for all users in the account, regardless of user group. Does not have access to course creation/editing.
- Manager: Limited access with only reporting and pitch scoring permission for assigned user groups. They have access to user management and course creation/editing for their assigned user groups only. The manager permission is unique. To understand more about how this role functions, review this information.
- Learner: Only has access to his/her own dashboard, courses, and reporting. The only exception this is when they are given SME status at the course level.
Note: Those with elevated permission levels can be switched over to Learners when they need to take a course they have been assigned.
- Custom Permissions: If you choose the custom admin permission level, you will have the ability to configure the access level of the admin by checking or unchecking specific admin criteria. When you click custom admin, these criteria will become available. To grant permission, check off the desired functions.
The table below provides another perspective on how the roles and permissions are configured in LearnCore, including what roles within your organization might best fit to corresponding roles within the learning platform.