What's in it for you
LearnCore provides customers with a full suite of features that allows clients to connect their LearnCore account with their Salesforce organization. From automating the user management process to making the best training information available quickly on-the-go, you can leverage LearnCore tools in your Salesforce environment and give your sales rep an easy way to access their learning initiatives at any time. This connection ensures the best resources are delivered directly to the opportunity tab in Salesforce and provides users with information relevant to that specific opportunity. Sales users can also view their LearnCore environment directly in Salesforce. As admins, this integration helps minimize the manual work of adding individual users. This is covered in more detail in the auto-provisioning articles.
- Bring the entire LearnCore experience directly into Salesforce
- Using LearnCore’s Reporting API, data from LearnCore can be brought into Salesforce and tied to Salesforce users
- Have LearnCore content delivered directly to the opportunity tab in Salesforce
- Provides users with information relevant to specific opportunities
You need this to succeed
- Admin access to your LearnCore account
- Administrator permissions in your Salesforce instance
- We recommend installing the Utils package for Admins only
The quick way to awesomeness
- Install the Salesforce Identity User Provisioning Utils app
- Install the LearnCore for Salesforce package
- Configure the LearnCore tab in your Classic or Lightning Salesforce environment
- Set up the connection between LearnCore content to opportunity
Do this step by step
There are two installations necessary to use the LearnCore integration with Salesforce: the User Provisioning Connector Utils app and the LearnCore package for Salesforce.
Note: The User Provisioning Connector Utils app must be installed prior to installing the LearnCore for Salesforce package.
User Provisioning Connector Utils app:
The Salesforce Identity User Provisioning Utils App allows you to create, update, and delete users in 3rd party applications using Salesforce Identity. This package provides apex utility classes to accelerate your connector development, custom reports, and a Lightning App for managing your provisioning process.
- Have your organization’s Salesforce Admin access the AppExchange by clicking here: AppExchange Download
Click Get It Now in the lower right corner.
- You will be prompted to select either a sandbox or production org. For full production installs, select Install in Production.
Note: If you receive an error stating that “This app can’t be installed,” you will have to file a ticket with Salesforce to enable User Provisioning.
- Confirm the details and click Confirm and Install. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so at this time.
- Once you log in, your app will complete the installation.
LearnCore Package for Salesforce version 1.42:
- The LearnCore Package for Salesforce contains connected apps that are required for SCIM provisioning. The necessary features are only contained in versions 1.29 or later of the LearnCore package. If you have a previous version of the package you will need to upgrade in order to use SCIM provisioning with Salesforce.
- Have your organization’s Salesforce Admin access the install link by clicking here:
For sandboxes, click here:
Salesforce Package (for sandboxes)
- If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so. If you are logged in, you will be prompted to select who the install will go to. We recommend selecting Install for Admins Only. If you are upgrading the app, you will see a similar prompt.
- You will now be prompted to grant access to LearnCore’s APIs. You will want to select Yes if you will be using the other LearnCore integrations.
- Once the app successfully installs, click Done. You will be redirected to your organization’s list of installed packages.
- Login to Salesforce as an administrator and navigate to Setup.
- Search for Tabs in the quick find search. Click Tabs underneath the Create section on the far left side panel underneath the quick find search.
- Click New in the Web Tabs section.
- On the tab layout page, select Full page width and click Next.
- Enter the following information into the applicable fields and click Next:
Tab Label: LearnCore
Tab Name: LearnCore
Tab Style: Desk
Content Frame Height (pixels): 800
Note: You can customize the Tab Label field name so it reads something other than LeanCore. For example, Sales Academy, Sales Training, etc.
- Enter your LearnCore URL into the Button or Link URL field and click Save.
- Select the profiles you would like to have access to the LearnCore tab and click Next.
- Confirm the tab is available for the correct apps and profiles.
Note: If users are logging in to LearnCore via their Salesforce credentials, they must sign into the LearnCore web app to complete the authorization process before accessing the Tab. The LearnCore tab will also be visible for those using Salesforce Lightning.
LearnCore opportunity in Salesforce
Deliver just-in-time training and allow your Learners to get the knowledge they need when they need it most. LearnCore’s Salesforce app easily maps LearnCore Courses with Salesforce data. This integration allows you to highlight training assets, such as Learn content and Pitch IQs, directly from LearnCore to real-world opportunities and scenarios.
- Drag a new Section onto the page. Configure the section and click OK:
a. Section Name: LearnCore
b. Display Section Header On: Detail Page
c. Layout: 1-Column
- Click the edit wrench icon on the OpportunityCourseView.
- Change the page height to 800 pixels.
Note: If not already enabled, move the applicable available visualforce pages to the Enabled Visualforce Pages section.