What's in it for you
Pitch IQ allows users to practice the skills needed to have effective sales conversations with prospects. Managers can then provide 1:1 coaching to their team. Some popular uses are for demo certification, employee message consistency, and onboarding. Learncore offers many custom settings that admins can configure for their users prior to them submitting their pitches for review. For the more non-critical pitches, such as sharing a great client story, you can request peer reviews for grading.
Note: LearnCore features are now available on the renewed Showpad platform. See how this feature works if you have a Showpad Platform or Showpad Coach license by clicking this link.
- Provide various options for users to submit their pitch submissions for review
- Custom grading criteria so assessments are aligned with your organization
- Set pitches to be reviewed by the learner’s manager only
- Best Practices: Allow users flexibility in when and where they record their pitches
You need this to succeed
- Admin access
- A presentation goal for your Pitch IQ configuration
The quick way to awesomeness
- In a course with Pitch IQ enabled, add an optional SME
- Provide details on the goal of the Pitch IQ
- Determine what type of Pitch IQ it will be
- Configure settings based on the Pitch IQ type
Do this step by step
- Pitch IQ is the fourth step in course creation. Admins can activate this module by checking Pitch IQ in step one of course creation. Pitch IQ can work in connection with Learn and Test, or be a stand-alone training.
- To launch Pitch IQ, enter the goal of this assessment. In some cases, it may be easier to copy over the course description which you have the option to do. The Pitch Goal is what you want your reps to achieve. We see the best results when admins provide proper context of what they are looking for.
- Pitch IQ role-playing scenarios are built to mimic real-world communication. Just select the appropriate Pitch IQ Type from the drop-down menu. Information specific to the type will be displayed when you select an option.
- Webcam – Users will activate their built-in camera and microphone to record themselves and their voice.
- Voice Over – Users will be adding commentary to a static piece of content such as a PowerPoint or PDF. The system will access both their built-in camera and microphone.
- Upload – this gives users the opportunity to upload a video file they’ve created outside of the LearnCore platform. For you sports fans, this is similar to game tape. Video files can be uploaded in the following formats: .mp4, .mov, .wmv, .avi, and .webm
- Audio Only Upload - this gives users the opportunity to upload an audio file they've created outside of the LearnCore platform. Audio files can be uploaded in the following formats: .mp3, .mpeg3, .wav, and .x-wav
- Audio – this will only access a Learner’s microphone for voice recording. This is best used to assess a Learner’s phone manner.
- Voice Over (audio only) – Similar to Voice Over, this will only access the user’s microphone, not their camera.
- Write – provides users with a text box in which they’ll be writing a response to the Pitch IQ goal. Use this for email communication assessment.
- Screen Capture (webcam) – this option will ask the user to select a screen, browser tab or application to record, and will also access their camera and microphone to allow them to provide commentary/context. This is best used for process and product demo purposes.
- Screen Capture (audio only) – same as above, however, the system will only access the user’s microphone and not their camera. The Screencastify extension, which is required for any screen capture, requires that these recordings be done in a Chrome browser.
It may be useful at times to assign a manager to your organization's courses. Admins with course creation permission can add a manager to any Pitch IQ admin panel by enabling the auto-assign managers toggle to Yes. The manager(s) of those users will then be able to review the video submissions for those individuals and groups that they manage. Enabling this option will not automatically add all managers to the Pitch IQ panel by default. Only when an individual is assigned a Pitch IQ exercise and is part of a user group attached to that manager will the manager be automatically assigned to the Pitch IQ panel.
Note: You cannot individually un-assign managers from the panel once the toggle is set to Yes like you can with admins.
Because as a manager you can only view the reporting of your users you manage, any reports that include other groups will display only the data related to your users. If an admin shares a report with a manager, only the user group(s) assigned to them have visible data.