What's in it for you
Learning happens online, offline, during day-to-day activities and beyond. With Checklists, you can begin to incorporate live tasks along with LearnCore courses to improve certifications, onboarding, and ongoing learning goals. These assist users in ensuring they are completing all the required items related to their onboarding or training. These Checklists also allow Admins flexibility in how they assign courses and tasks to Learners. For example, certain courses should be taken after others. By using checklists, you can control the order that you would like users to complete items on their list. Reporting is available for checklists, similar to courses, to help provide insights into team performance.
- Guide users to complete courses and various tasks in an organized way
- Manage the order of completion for tasks and courses
- Structure different initiatives all in one place: onboarding, processes, and beyond
You need this to succeed
- Admin access to your LearnCore account
- Courses and/or tasks to assign to users
The quick way to awesomeness
- Create a checklist and begin adding tasks and courses to it.
- Assign targeted user groups to checklists.
- Once all tasks and courses are added, publish the checklist.
- View stats and a summary of user activity in the checklist.
Do this step by step
Create a Checklist
- From the Admin dashboard, select the Checklist tab. Click Create to start a new Checklist.
- Give your Checklist a title and short description. You will be the default owner of the Checklist but you can assign any admin as the owner.
- To add an item to the Checklist, either create a custom Checklist item or choose an existing course as a Checklist item from the left-hand column. You can also create a course shell that you can add to later. Click Save after adding an item.
- If you create a custom Checklist Task, give the Task a title and description. If applicable, enter a URL related to that item.
- If you want to assign an existing course to the Checklist, search through existing courses or curriculums on the left-hand side and add the applicable items.
- Another option is to create the shell of a course directly from the Checklist creation section. Enter in a title and description to create the item on the Checklist.
- When you click Modify next to that course in the Checklist you will be navigated to the course setup page for the course you have just created.
- If there are Checklist items that are required in multiple Checklists, you can save time by copying over a curriculum or Checklist from the drop-down menu on the Checklist creation page.
- Once you are done adding tasks or courses to the Checklist, click Save & Continue to move on to the next section.
- After adding items to your Checklist, you will be asked to assign user groups. In the left-hand menu, search for a group or scroll through the available user groups to find the users you would like to be assigned this Checklist. Click the + symbol next to each group you want to assign the checklist to.
Note: You can not assign individual users to a checklist.
- The user group(s) will now be listed under the Checklist.
- You have the option to assign a due date to your users. Click the button under the due date column next to the item you'd like to set a due date for. Due dates can be scheduled for a specific date or be scheduled to occur a set number of days after the item is assigned.
- You can stagger courses or tasks by giving individual items separate due dates.
- In addition to a due date, you can schedule reminders for your users to complete the items on the checklist. Like due dates, you can schedule reminders for individual Checklist items.
- You can copy due dates and reminders across multiple groups assigned to a Checklist, by choosing the “Bulk Copy Due Dates and Reminder Days” option from the menu in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Users tab to view details on individual user’s assignments.
- Clicking a specific user will show all of their current Checklist assignments.
- To send a reminder to the group or unassign the group from the Checklist, click the ellipsis next to the user group.
- When unassigning a group from a Checklist, you will be asked whether you want to remove them from all associated tasks and courses from the Checklist or to remove them only from the tasks.
- The last section of Checklist creation is a summary of the current Checklist setup. This view will show the details of the Checklist. By default, assigned users will be sent an invitation email. If you want to disable this, slide the applicable toggle to the left. You can only send invitation emails prior to publishing a Checklist.
- The table below shows an overview of the details of your Checklist.
- When you have confirmed the details are correct, click Save & Publish. This will publish all tasks and courses in that checklist so double-check all of your items prior to publishing. You cannot add courses that are in development to a published checklist. If your Checklist is already published, you will just save your changes or opt to hide the Checklist for the time being.
- Back at your dashboard, you will see the Checklist along with the number of users who have started and/or completed the Checklist.