What's in it for you
Customizing your LearnCore environment to be specific to your organization is an important part of making your learning environments more aligned with your organization. LearnCore provides various options which allow admins to change the look and feel of their LearnCore account to reflect the branding of their company. This section also provides options for specific messaging to your learners so you can give the platform a more personal touch to better communicate with the learners of your organization. You can also configure different visual tools to commend learners on a job well done and determine which criteria are used to assess pitch submissions.
Note: LearnCore features are now available on the renewed Showpad platform. See how this feature works if you have a Showpad Platform or Showpad Coach license by clicking this link.
- Customize the look and feel of LearnCore from login to courses
- Create specific and pointed messaging to engage your learners
- Add badges to give praise to learners upon completing assessments
- Configure Pitch IQ metrics for assessing learners
You need this to succeed
- Admin access to your LearnCore account
Do this step by step
Login and registration pages
This is the page your new users will be directed to after being added to the system so they can set up a password. After this initial setup, the branding will also be seen on their LearnCore login screen.
- In the Account Management section, navigate to the Login & Registration pages section.
- The URL that a successful login leads to should already be in the appropriate field so this is not editable.
- By default, a LearnCore logo will be on the login screen. You can upload a logo for your organization to replace it for a custom look. To remove the logo, click the Remove button.
Note: The optimal logo size on the login screen is 500x120 pixels.
- Click the Color field, to select a color for the background of your login screen.
- Add a short custom message that will show above the login fields for users. In order to account for the size of the login window, keep your message short and clear.
- The last option for this page is to select the available authentication options. Check the authentication options you would like to allow learners to use when logging in. If you would like to enable Single Sign-On, please refer to our article on this setup.
- After completing all your desired changes, click Save.
This tab allows you to customize changes to the look and feel of the LearnCore platform for your users.
- In the Account Management section, navigate to the Application tab under Custom Branding.
- You will have the option to customize the color of the following areas of your LearnCore account: header, background, and accent. You can select from the color spectrum when you hover over one of the fields. Alternatively, you can enter the HTML color code you would like to use.
- If you have a logo you would like to use, you can upload it here. Your logo will appear on the left side of the header.
Note: The optimal dimension settings for the logo at the left side of the header is 170x50 pixels.
- Determine if you would like the logo to appear transparent over the header by checking or unchecking the box. This will eliminate any background color of your logo.
Note: If users are part of multiple LearnCore accounts, they will see the LearnCore default branding in their learning environment when they log in.
- From the Account Management tab, navigate to Credentials under Custom Branding.
- Here you can see any current credentials you have for your account. These virtual badges are given to users after completing certain tasks and will also appear on the Course Tile on the dashboard. You can get creative with these credentials and customize the design.
Note: Make sure virtual badges are sized to 200x200 pixels for optimal rendering.
- To delete a credential, simply hover and click it. It will ask you to confirm that you intend to delete the credential once more before it is removed.
There are 2 types of email invitations you can set up for your users.
- The first is for new joiners to your organization and/or LearnCore.
- The other is for new joiners to the specific LearnCore account you are accessing. This is useful for organizations that use more than one LearnCore account.
This setup is to allow for messaging that is tailored to users depending on their situation. While both options include a default email template, you are encouraged to modify the messaging to what works best for your purposes. The system recognizes users based on email addresses. If the email address is already active then the user will receive the new user to this account email.
- From the Account Management tab, navigate to Invitation Emails under Custom Branding.
- Depending on which invitation type you’d like to edit, click the appropriate button under Edit Invitation Emails.
Note: Both templates are structured the same. The difference is dependent on whether the recipient is a new user to LearnCore or just a new user to this particular account. Both emails are triggered by the same event (the addition of a new user) when you allow automatic emails.
- Once you open the template, you can modify the text based on the message you want to send to your users. We provide a default template to get you started. This will include the tags that will auto-populate with the user-specific information once the email is triggered. Click Save when you are finished.
- If you would like to automate the emails by having them send when a user is added to the account, click the Yes button. You must click Save to retain the preference change.
- If you want to do a real-time trigger to any users who have been added to the account and have not received an invitation email yet, click Manually Send Invitations.
Pitch IQ Metrics
As an admin, you are able to customize the metrics used to evaluate users’ Pitch IQ submissions. While you are able to configure up to 20, each submission can be assessed based on 5 of those chosen during the course creation process.
- From Account Management, navigate to the Pitch IQ Metrics tab under Custom Branding.
- If this is the first time you are using Pitch IQ metrics, you will see 20 default categories and descriptions that you can use as a starting point in developing your assessment criteria.
The icons here are preset but the category and the category details are fully editable. When creating criteria, make sure the metrics can be applied to both written and recorded Pitch IQ submissions.
- In the drop-down to the left of the icons, choose up to 5 of the categories to set as defaults. You cannot select more than 5 to be default metrics.
- In the drop-down for each category, you can also make the criteria active or inactive. When a metric is marked active, it will be available as an option for one of the 5 assessment criteria when you are creating a course. Marking a metric inactive means it will not be available to select during course creation. This may be helpful if the criteria are still in a draft mode and not ready to be used.
- After making any changes to the metrics, you must save to retain them. At any point, you can restore to the original defaults as well.
Note: We recommend being thoughtful when making edits to criteria. Any changes to specific criteria will overwrite it in previous assessments, including previously published courses.