What's in it for you
One of the biggest resources when using LearnCore is the ability to create custom tests and surveys to assess your users on their knowledge and skill set. You can upload pre-configured content or build out assessments directly within LearnCore. Tests can be used as simple knowledge checks to ensure users are retaining the information they go through in the Learn section of this course, or as high-level evaluations of user’s ability to identify specific details of a product or process.
Note: LearnCore features are now available on the renewed Showpad platform. See how this feature works if you have a Showpad Platform or Showpad Coach license by clicking this link.
- Create and distribute tests and surveys from the information provided in the Learn section
- Use various question types to engage users in their comprehension
- Ability to upload exams or create them directly in the platform
- Fully editable until the course test is published
You need this to succeed
- Admin or promoted member access with course creation permissions
The quick way to awesomeness
- Configure the options for your course and set scoring parameters
- Add questions that you would like users to answer
- Determine which answer type is appropriate for each question
- Set up accolades to award learners upon completing a course
- Create and schedule custom emails to certify learner's completion of required course(s)
- Reset a user's test if necessary
Do this step by step
- Determine the options you would like enabled for this particular test. You will be able to add the details of these options later. This is simply to decide whether they are included in the testing or not.
- Once you’ve saved the option settings, click the Build Test green bar to expand this section.
- Click on Add New Question to open up the question window.
- From here, you can type in the question you’ll be asking your users in the top left-hand text box. Select the question type from the drop-down menu. There are 4 options:
Single Selection: Enter multiple options with only one answer being correct. The user will only be able to select one answer as well. Click the circle next to the correct answer.
Multiple Selection: Enter multiple options with more than one correct answer. The user will need to select ALL the correct answers. As no partial credit is given, they must successfully select each answer to receive credit. Click the circles next to all correct answers.
Text Match: List all the correct answers in the fields. Any answers that match one of the options will be marked as correct.
Short Answer: these are open-ended questions where the user will enter their answers into a text box. These question types are subjective and therefore require an admin to grade them and provide constructive feedback. As an admin, you will need to determine the weight of the score using a scale of 1-5 when assessing.
- You can choose to add an explanation to this question, to give it more detail. You can also add an image to the question, which is best used for product related questions.
- When you have added all of your questions, click Save.
Note: It is important to know that you cannot delete questions from a course once it has been published. Double-check your test details before publishing.
When your users have successfully completed coursework, you have the option to distribute accolades to recognize their achievement. These badges can be chosen from LearnCore’s default options or can be custom and uploaded into LearnCore. The badge will also appear as the customized image for the course on the dashboard.
- Click the Award an Accolade green bar to expand the section. Give the award a title and select a badge out of the available options. Determine what will be considered a passing score for this test. Because it is on a scale of 1-100, look at is as a percentage required to consider this course completed.
- The last option is whether you would like to automatically send more official certifications after users complete the test. If you enable this, you will see a preview of the email certification that will send.
- If the email needs to be changed, click Edit Email and make the necessary changes before enabling this automated action.
- If you would like certifications to be sent to users even after the due date has passed, click Award accolade after due date. Make sure to save all of your settings when done.
Reseting a user's test
- To reset a user's test, navigate to the course the test is in. Click the course tile to open course creation.
- From the left side menu, open Test Management.
- Select Individual. From the user drop down menu, select the user with the test you wish to reset.
- From the Actions drop down menu, select Reset User's Test.
- You have the option to customize the email the user receives to let them know their test was reset. When you're done, click Reset and Send Email.